hi there. can anyone help me ?

just bought a s200 from this site and had it out this morning.

was working fine then it jammed. on closer inspection when i got home it seems the pellet is not getting pushed into the barrel far enough !!

i have tried it a few times now and this problem keeps happening. so i have to remove barrel and push pellet further then refit and fire :blink:

help would be appreciated :thumbs:

ah right..........i see now, it probably wants a seal kit ( breech seal)

have a look here spares

and its probably a rowan engineering conversion.....air arms dont do a conversion kit, you have to buy the bits as spares, im not saying it aint but more likely to be a rowan

have look here rowan engineering

cheers

sean

ps...welcome to the forum, have fun !!!!

just checked and it doesnt look like a rowan cnversion :cry:

think i will just send it to AA for them to service it.

just incase i do something that makes it worse :laugh:

probably be an easy fix but dont think i should risk it !!!

cheers for your help sean :thumbs:

hi guys thanks for your help :thumbs:

but i came in from work this afternoon and thought i would have one last look at the problem. so went into the garage with gun and put a pellet in cocked it and behold the blody thing FIRED :icon_eek: dont no how but its fixed itself :wallbash:

just need to find somewhere to go now and shoot some bunnies.

if anyone is from the northeast and needs a mate to go shooting with drop me a e-mail.

thanks Graeme :gunsmilie:

i have the same rifle and conversion kit mine done this just today firing sometimes then not the other so i checked the probe and the seal had wore down so a quick replace and back to new :) use a little rifle grease on your seal rubber and on your mag rubbers and it will stop them rubbin if u get me? be gready with the grease tho [bANNED TEXT] as 2 much might cause diesaling.

atb and hope i helped macca p.s. im in northeast :)

hi there. can anyone help me ?

just bought a s200 from this site and had it out this morning.

was working fine then it jammed. on closer inspection when i got home it seems the pellet is not getting pushed into the barrel far enough !!

i have tried it a few times now and this problem keeps happening. so i have to remove barrel and push pellet further then refit and fire :blink:

help would be appreciated :thumbs:

did you check the air pressure??

If the air pressure under 100bar,,the pellet can't shot come out is noramlly..

Which brand pellet you're using?? if you use the pellet is JSAP, the caliber are different.

normal pellet caliber is 5.52-5.54mm ,, but the JSAP is 5.6mm,,may be is the reason of stuck..

how do you rate these guns for shooting rabbits ?

alb graeme...

Hellooooo Graeme :welcomeani:

Not sure why I didn't get a notification of this thread, I'm subscribed to all new threads :hmm: Oh well,

The very simple answer to your question above, is quite simply AWSOME (I may be a little biased though :laugh: ) Have a read of some of my threads.

Regarding the pellet problem, make sure the barrel is pushed as hard up to the hilt as it will go; I made the mistake of fastening the barrel back down on my 1st strip and I experianced a very similar problem to what you described.

I am assuming that the bolt goes all the way forward and locks down properly?

Only other suggestion I could think of is that the seal on the probe may be either worn or damaged. The seals on the S200 are dead easy to replace and although AA will tell you that they are made from a special rubber, I dont believe that is the case and I have used commonly available seals on my gun and pump.

If your going to put any Oil/Grease on a rubber seal like that (don't worry about dieseling in a PCP it aint gonna happen because there is no compression) I would suggest Pellgun oil as it won't knacker the seal.

All the best

Phantom.

Edited by Phantom

how do you rate these guns for shooting rabbits ?

alb graeme...

Hellooooo Graeme :welcomeani:

Not sure why I didn't get a notification of this thread, I'm subscribed to all new threads :hmm: Oh well,

The very simple answer to your question above, is quite simply AWSOME (I may be a little biased though :laugh: ) Have a read of some of my threads.

Regarding the pellet problem, make sure the barrel is pushed as hard up to the hilt as it will go; I made the mistake of fastening the barrel back down on my 1st strip and I experianced a very similar problem to what you described.

I am assuming that the bolt goes all the way forward and locks down properly?

Only other suggestion I could think of is that the seal on the probe may be either worn or damaged. The seals on the S200 are dead easy to replace and although AA will tell you that they are made from a special rubber, I dont believe that is the case and I have used commonly available seals on my gun and pump.

If your going to put any Oil/Grease on a rubber seal like that (don't worry about dieseling in a PCP it aint gonna happen because there is no compression) I would suggest Pellgun oil as it won't knacker the seal.

All the best

Phantom.

hi phantom

thanks for the info. i will give it a try once i get my bottle back as it is being tested and filled so havent got any air to give it another go but hope to have it back by the weekend fingers crossed.

enjoying getting all this advice from you guys on here.

cheers Graeme.