collie type

are there still a market for valuable all round hunting dogs who can ferret ,hunt a wood out, or thrash the odd fox when needed catch a hare when needed to, catch the odd phesi, and well pre ban put a few roe in the bag , and basicaly fill the freezer , are these types went to the wall ,as to me thats a real lurcher,a small greyhound type with a lot more tricks up its sleeve, or are they a rare breed all the best

what type were they jdf and do they produce true ive got an old line of collie grew etc etc and well i wouldnt mind comething as good or better to breed to her sounds good , ive yet to see a better type of al rounder one you can sit in a wood send her away over a feild push a beastie out catch it etc day time or moonlight ,or catch a rabbit in a wood etc , i hunt mostly wooded areas day time and open feilds night time all the best

whin it was wheaton x grey lurcher,these particular dogs have been line bred for quite a while now,good dogs if you can put the time in,the latest ones that i've seen from it could do with a bit of fresh grey blood as they're getting a bit too heavy,coursing whippet blood would be even better but i think i might have trouble shifting the pups as most guys would rather have the bigger dogs for fox.

I own such a x shes originally gypo bred shes had feathered game as well as the rabbits and longer eared type ,she runs everything in the beam of the lamp and comes straight back ,good with the ferrets and the terrier even has had a few by pushing them into the gate nets but hasnt done that in a while that was good to see her running alongside the rabbits so they had no choice but to go into the nets :) , has a good nose on her for getting the odd ones i miss,if i walk passed something she,ll just stand and wont move until shes found it .Good little companion really she lets you know when theres someone about as well by growling when out .She will get into the thickest of patches just to get what shes after even before the terrier sometimes,and doesnt mind trying to get to ground either even though shes 26 in @ts:blink:

Heres a pic of the my dog after being stripped in the summer

IMG_2013.jpg

and one when her rough coat kicks in

IMG_0918.jpg

Edited by Stevie

JDf if you were putting a coursing whippet over a wheaton x i know a man who would be very interested.....infact i'd love one but don't have space or time!!

were you thinking of doing it soon??? Down here in the south a smaller dog would fair better as big dogs don't get time to run them cos of the small fields.

at the moment i own niether a whippet or a wheaton x so i would have to acquire one or the other,i've just taken on a young pup so it's out for me at the moment.

if you know someone with a good whippet bitch i could maybe arrange a stud for them.

dicky boy, give whippetlady from this site a pm she may be able to helpu with the wheton blood. ive got a wheton/grey x whip/grey (7months old) from here and an absolute stunner it is turning out to be, hasnt actually seen any game yet of couse but showing all the right signs. ive seen both the parant to my pup and they are bothh 100% on all game from rabbits to roe, pre b*n of course. allthe best matt.