to put over

hi i have a wee jack russle that i use for ferreting she is grate at marking and holding them in the net and is very obedint but she is 5 now and i am going to gamekeeping collage in 2 years s by the time i get proper work she will be to old so i want a do to put over hir ether to keep a pup or get a pup back in a year or two i am in scotland i would like a bushing or fereting dog or fox dog maby even a small whippet pm me

Thanks mate i think i have one to put over hir but i hav a question the past few nights she has been hiding under the chair shiviring and verry sore wher ever we tucher hir and to feel she hard as anything asing like bloted ?? anybody know

Hope the dogs ok pal .. . as for what to do for another i would persoannly wait and get college out of the way and then decide what you really want, either a bushin / rabbit dog, or a digging dog. Cant really have both in the same dog. Also you would have more time for it when you have done . . good luck with it all..good to se the young uns mad for it!!! :toast:

Slipped discs can be incredibly painful so take it as easy with her as you possibly can and give her plenty of time to recover (possibly months). I would only give her the very minimum of exercise...you know what these Dogs are like, they're really tough and with painkillers in them they will push themselves too far and aggravate the injury.

Good luck and hope she recovers quickly. As others have said its important that she takes it easy for a couple of months atleast. These things have a habit of rearing their heads again further down the line if they're not rested properly first time round.

Don't be tempted to think "it'll be alright, she's a tough old thing". If she isn't allowed to recover properly first time it can cause serious issues in later life.