Broken the curse... Pink mist and bone chips

Been having a right mare for a while with the fox's - The odd miss is acceptable and good for a bit of piss taking but after a while you can't help but feel like a liability :thumbdown: It really doesn't help when you miss one at 60 yards and the person you're with then goes and drops it at 200 :icon_redface: .. not to mention all the recent posts on here of lads cleaning up. After missing yet another sitter having been confident of zero it was time for a rethink. Working throught the usual drill of bedding check, barrel float, mod allighnment and all that bollocks it became glaringly obvious that the mounts were pissed after maybe a bump or something with some screws right down and others lose. Long story cut short (too late) it was shooting 3" high and 1" right at 100 meters. After taking it off and re-seating it I was finally happy and put it back in the cabinet.

Whilst doing some diy in the new pad I saw a fox out in one of the cut fields so decided it was payback time, and, still in my decorating gear and trainers nipped over the garden boundry and down the hedgerow. The fox had gone by the point so I decided to get down on the bipod, give it a few minutes and then have a call.

post-4425-039059400 1282599453_thumb.jpg

The fox emerged from a copse around 250 yards away, I had a call and it promptly ducked back in the hedge, I persister and it re-emerged further down the hedgerow and closer to me coming in at a run totally committed. I stopped it at 50 yards with a grunt and head shot it :toast:

Ok... so not the hardest shot in the world but they all count :thumbs:

post-4425-029772100 1282599473_thumb.jpg

and one for those with strong stomachs.

post-4425-088053900 1282599488_thumb.jpg

:victory:

Edited by Local