hi all, i have a spaniel who is 6 year old, she is wormed regular etc, has bones and crunchy food, yet her breath stinks all the time, any advice on this or a cure, thanks

Hi,

In my expecience most fault's with dogs breath are either a result of tooth or gum problem .

Not that this may be the case of you dog but is the case of most .

ATB SS

hi all, i have a spaniel who is 6 year old, she is wormed regular etc, has bones and crunchy food, yet her breath stinks all the time, any advice on this or a cure, thanks

Hi,

In my expecience most fault's with dogs breath are either a result of tooth or gum problem .

ATB SS

had tarter removed, and rotten teeth removed, so all clear there.

Hi,

ATB SS

had tarter removed, and rotten teeth removed, so all clear there.

Then possibly it may just be down to the dogs diet and age, as you say the dog is 6 so its abilities to chew bone and digest these sort of thing may now beyond it.

Since teeth have been removed.(just a thought)

There are loads of things on the market for there water and for them to chew , Never tried them so can't comment, but all the best and hope you solve the prob!!!

Keep us posted

ATB SS

Some dogs find it difficult to digest cereals: these can ferment in the stomach causing bad breath and wind. Try removing all cereals bar rice from the diet. Rice is usually tolerated by dogs with no problem. Soya, beet pulp, wheat, barley etc are often used as 'fillers' in cheap foods: go for a meat and rice no cereal food and see if it makes a difference. Alternatively, stop feeding commercial food altogether and feed raw: I've not had a healthy dog with stinky breath if they are fed raw: its what dogs are designed to eat and their digestive system isn't put under stress by trying to digest an alien food.

Some dogs find it difficult to digest cereals: these can ferment in the stomach causing bad breath and wind. Try removing all cereals bar rice from the diet. Rice is usually tolerated by dogs with no problem. Soya, beet pulp, wheat, barley etc are often used as 'fillers' in cheap foods: go for a meat and rice no cereal food and see if it makes a difference. Alternatively, stop feeding commercial food altogether and feed raw: I've not had a healthy dog with stinky breath if they are fed raw: its what dogs are designed to eat and their digestive system isn't put under stress by trying to digest an alien food.

hi skycat, thanks for the above, much appreciated

i mate, r u feeding raw food? or coocked bones, it may be the mix of the crunch, as they have diferent digestive times?

Not the old 'don't feed meat and dry together' hear say boll.ocks again.

It has no scientific backing and is just spewed out parrot fashion every time a similar thread comes up.