bitch lost all her pups

focus on the bitch, her hormones will be kicking in right now (often a bit slower after a c-section)

she will need reasurance, she may be looking for the pups as well. id suggest attempting to foster a pup onto her, depending on the bitch + how well you handle the matter she may take onto another pup.

• Like 1
Guest Buttermilk

focus on the bitch, her hormones will be kicking in right now (often a bit slower after a c-section)

she will need reasurance, she may be looking for the pups as well. id suggest attempting to foster a pup onto her, depending on the bitch + how well you handle the matter she may take onto another pup.

I disagree with you there...I wouldn't think of putting another pup on her if she was a bit rough with her own last surviving pup. Lots of tlc I think....

I disagree with you there...I wouldn't think of putting another pup on her if she was a bit rough with her own last surviving pup. Lots of tlc I think....

seen some bitches after a c-section + losing there pups go into a deep depression, can be hard to snap them out of it, depends on the individual dog.

I have had a litter of 7 pups and 5 of them died within the first day (due to bad vet advice). If she was rough with the pup and it wasn't how she would normally be, it may be because she knew the pup was ill (likely if the others died). I know my bitch knew which pups were sickly, even before the vets did.

If she is depressed I would consider getting her a foster to allow her hormones to get sorted out.

Lost a litter last month

First one born with a clefpallet

2 stillborn and the last one had been dead for

alittle while and had to have a c sectsion

to remove it,and had to have the bitch spayed aswell

Cost me £750 all in all

Mick..

thanks for all the advice guys, bitch doing fine. a little lost but not looking for pups or anything. will keep her busy.had a litter out of her a few years ago all fine then just one of those things i guess. like a farmer friend of mine says livestock is deadstock. thanks