need advice

sounds like its not mature enough to be out yet

What the f...!! dont people talk shit on here!!

Its all about disapline mate, most people on here who have had more than one lurcher will have experienced this problem or something similar... Gets it recall sorted, without the smell of game.. praise your dog when he does something right. Help it learn mate, thats what your there for. Your its master and you make the decisions....

If you listen to people like JT, you'l get nowhere mate. Been asking her or him to tell us there tally of last seasons catch now for the last 4months, nothing... wouldnt do this a a rule but there posts to other fellow hunters is quite rediculous...

Good luck with it mate, and dont give up, be firm, "and you can let the dog know your pissed off", just always be the master...

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Needs more training mate, over and over, get yourself a whistle, a long training lead and put in some time everyday. You can start off with some small treats, but not too often. You just have to put the hours in, and like has been said, correct him when he fucks about, but all that should need is a growl rather than a slap.

My two cents:

Had this problem with my whippet / greyhound cross. Drove me insane. While out during the day if she came across a rabbit she would chase after it. Once it reached the cover she would run on looking for the next one till she ran around the whole field. She would then just about come back exhausted. Same thing was happening while lamping which was worse because I often couldn't find her even with the lamp. Remembered searching the fields for her one freezing night. After two hours searching I rang a buddy who agreed to help. On his way he found the dog running up and down a side road a mile from where we had started.

No matter how many times I called her or whistled she would not come back. Thought the dog was deaf. Tried all the recommendations above with varying degrees of success/failure. Giving her a belt certainly did not help as she would not approach me then. Working her with an older dog during the day & night steadied her down.

At night now she comes back after the chase when the light is switched off. During the day she still charges around the field but is much better to the recall and will come back to me. Praising her when she returns and not hitting her is finally making the recall sink in.

Patience is the key :-)

Keep the faith

i had a bitch with the same probs.i found ferreting a big help.she started to realize the action was with me.other lads are right though.be the boss and keep repeating the training.over and over and over and over....... :thumbs: good luck with your dog and if ferretin dont help its still a great day out.

you can use his/ her feeding time to inprint that you are

the alpha male make the dog do something for its food

sit first then sit and wait sit stay lie down their is many

things to do and the dog will have respect for you and have

regard for what you say.and then working on the recall will

be a lot easyer mate good luck hope this helps

• Like 1