bedxwhippetxcollie

hi,

i know a lot of people use cross bred dogs but has anybody ever had a beddy x whippet x collie,as i havent seen any talked about,is it that this type of cross wouldnt be any good? or is there no point to the cross? i would be interested to know what other peoples thoughts were about this cross!

it would be for rabbiting.

also i have noticed a lot of people asking if a pup from a cross bred, "is this the first cross?"

what is the significance? is it better to have the 2nd or 3rd?

thanks TL

I have a 3/4 whippet 1/4 collie 10 months old and a first x beddy whippet which is only 8 weeks. I bought the beddy x with the idea that when I want another dog when mine are past their best I can breed them myself so that I know im getting worker to worker and I think the beddy will give fire to the mix while collie might give a little brains.

hi,

i know a lot of people use cross bred dogs but has anybody ever had a beddy x whippet x collie,as i havent seen any talked about,is it that this type of cross wouldnt be any good? or is there no point to the cross? i would be interested to know what other peoples thoughts were about this cross!

it would be for rabbiting.

also i have noticed a lot of people asking if a pup from a cross bred, "is this the first cross?"

what is the significance? is it better to have the 2nd or 3rd?

thanks TL

Are you talking about a beddy/whippet bred to a pure collie or a collie /grey lurcher???

Ive got a beddy/whip x collie/whip/grey and she does very well indeed, for me anyway, and works well with the spaniel in the cover flushing for her, good in the day aswell but gets abit bored if there's no constant action, but miles better on the lamp.

You don't come across these crosses very often, but crackers if you get a pup from working parents, especially 2nd cross on the sire/dam side ive found. I waited ages for one.

The beddy just gives her a bit of fire, and as been said, the collie gives a touch of brain.

Good cross i've found anyway :thumbs:

Edited by poopiepoo