humming bird hawk moth

I have only ever seen 2 as far as I can recall, The first time was in France in about 2003 and then again in our back garden one hot summers day not long after, never seen one since. Amazing little creatures aren't they. I don't think they are rare but more common in some places than others.

McKay

just had one in the garden,first time ive seen one .....flew off just as i was going to photo it...any one seen one this year ?..are they rare ?

cheers.

Seen one up here in North Wales 2 years ago , never seen one here before or since, I think they a more common down south, seen loads when I was in France though. Mike.

I have only ever seen 2 as far as I can recall, The first time was in France in about 2003 and then again in our back garden one hot summers day not long after, never seen one since. Amazing little creatures aren't they. I don't think they are rare but more common in some places than others.

McKay

would have liked to get a photo of it,they are beautiful and very "bird like"...amazing little creatures .

A customer of mine photographed one this year on her Lavender bush and sent the picture to me for identification ....amazing creatures for sure........just like a humming bird. They are not common around here ..........indeed i had never seen one before she showed me the picture.

Rolfe.