Ibizan Hound or cross of

I am trying to get some more info on these dogs or crosses with them after a comment about my dog looking like he had some Ibizan looks in him on another post. I have looked them up on the net and they look handy dogs but a bit yappy. They also seem to be quite rare so wondered if anybody has one or managed to breed from one and if so what cross and what are they like. I have searched on here but there doesn’t seem too be much on them at all.

Any pictures would be welcome.

never seen or heard of one working in this country, from what ive read i dont think they would be suitable they run them in the dark so they have to give voice for the hunter to follow them, i would say from that they will be very headstrong and (houndish), who knows they might be in the lurcher section in the countrymans weekly for £1000 soon :whistling:

I have one for 12 years now.

Pro:

1) very sweet/calm

2) very fast and tough and heath resistant

3) good looking

Con:

1) opens up by nature

2) headstrong in the sense that it switches on when scent is in the nose and it stops only when cornered

3) not very clever

4) use of nose is more important than seeing

For a kind of high speed beagle work, flushing for guns etc in difficult terrain it is good. For lamping and silent work that requiers good natural recall I would never ever buy one again.

L