Elvers

Guest lady hunter

Guest lady hunter

Does any body on here go elvering ?????? it was pretty crap last time, no one was really having any big catches, i think they might have been over fished in the last few years , there is that many people fishing them now , :(:(

• 4 weeks later...

a relation of mine goes although im not really up on it think you have to have a licence and i think that over the years because they are getting more scarce they have cut the amount of licences that are avaliable (i think) but he goes on the severn around the gloucestershire area theres also a elver station in glos that buys the elvers of the elvermen and exports them to japan/china

• 2 years later...
Does any body on here go elvering ?????? it was pretty crap last time, no one was really having any big catches, i think they might have been over fished in the last few years , there is that many people fishing them now , :(:(

Im out elvering this year, they said it was crap last year but the elvers were late gettin here and everyone stopped fishin. the same is happening this year, i have fished the last three tides and im only just starting to see them. Keep tryin, the baliffs had the best reports for years of them in up river brooks and weirs last year. the french have caught 470 ton so far this year and there season aint over yet???????????