Coterminous Certificate

Hi all,

Quick question if you don't mind.

Can anybody tell me how many photographs you have to send with a coterminous application please?

I think it's four, two signed by the person applying and one signed by each referee.

Am I right?

Cheers,

Mick.

I'm pretty sure it's 8 four for each cert then two signed by yourself one done by each ref for the FAC and one signed by the ref for the shotgun cert. That's what i've sent in but i'm pretty sure that's the way it was meant to be done.

Hope it helps Adam

I'm pretty sure it's 8 four for each cert then two signed by yourself one done by each ref for the FAC and one signed by the ref for the shotgun cert. That's what i've sent in but i'm pretty sure that's the way it was meant to be done.

Hope it helps Adam

Bump Just done mine. :thumbs:

This info taken from the BASC guidance notes on filling in the application forms.

The section in the notes detailing requirements for photographs to accompany applications for co-terminous firearm and shotgun certificates is confusing and inaccurate. For such an application you will need five photographs signed; 2 signed by the two referees (1 each)for the firearm certificate application, 1 signed by the countersignatory for the shotgun

certificate application and 2 signed and dated by yourself.

This is what I sent in, and have not had the aplication returned for not having enough photo's.

It's actually six:

In the case of an application for both a shot gun and a

firearm certificate -

* the shot gun application requires that one photograph must be

endorsed by the countersignatory and one by you;

* the firearm application requires that each of the referees

should endorse a separate photograph and that two

photographs must be signed by you.

so that's:

One signed by SGC co-sig

Three signed by you

Two signed by your FAC refs - one each

A co-terminous certificate is when you apply for SGC and FAC together, you get a reduced fee and then they expire at the same time too.

...and yes a referee can also be a co-sig for your SGC providing they meet both sets of criteria.

Edited by Colster

Just wondering what a coterminous certificate is, are firearms licenses are different in n Ireland

Just means that both your firearm and shotgun certificates terminate on the same date. It makes it quicker and simpler for the police to issue new ones and renewals are cheaper. There can be problems sometimes because we are likely to have held a shotgun certificate for a few years before we apply for a firearms certificate.

John