Made my own fox snares

I went down the local gun shop to get some fox snares , they were £3.50 a piece but still i bought 2 as well needed. But after having a look at them i thought i could have ago at making some myself with few lengths of wire from work , well spent a hour in the garage and i knocked 3 up. See what everyone thinks , going to try them this week at somepoint .

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

I think its good that someone had a go at making there own fox snares,after all this is part of what snaring/trapping is all about......being resourcefull,producing your own equipment and saving a few pennies........now i understand that shop bought fox snares are expensive but rather than going completley diy and producing something that looks crude and is un-fit for use i would reccomend buying in a few of the essential components.Tape on a snare isnt good so a few hammer on ferrules perhaps...swivels,available from TRAPWORKS for only a few pence each....deerstops/micro locks/bowden cable/tealer sleeving....are all available to purchase online to help you produce QUALITY home made foxsnares...Read up on the construction of fox snares (some exellent tutorials on here)and im sure,in no time at all youll soon have pefected them....atb HERITAGE

there is no stops on them pal i think they are illegal :thumbs:

Correct me if I am wrong but stops are only a legal requirement in Scotland at the moment ... ??

OTC

Yes your correct OTC, its not mandatory in England/Wales just a recommendation.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, i no there not the greatest but for my first go at it and knocked them up in a hour a didn't think they were too bad, and the tap is just try stop the cut ends of the wire from rusting its not holding anything together, just a cover really . All joits etc... are done with steal wiring and won't come loose trust me .