10 week old pup shitting in its bed

Does the pup have access to a place to shit?

Take hay or newspaper and put out it in the run, and instead give the pup something extra comfy to lie on, like a old sheet/blanket, wool jumper etc.

I have found that making the bed or cage smaller, doesnt always work, because once the pup is comfortable with shitting in his own bed, laying in shit, then it doesnt make a difference. I would actually give him more space.

The pup has to shit, so let him. Its difficult for a pup to hold it in for long periods, especially over night.

It would be helpful if you could give us a picture of the pups sleeping & kenneling arrangement, so that we can all help you out.

:thumbs:

hi lads did any of you have any problems with pups shitting in the beds i have a 10 week old lurcher pup that keeps shitting in its bed even if i clean it out and put fresh shredded paper in it it will shit in its bed within half an hour how would i put a stop to it because if it keeps doing it i wont be holding on to it

If you've told the pup off for shitting somewhere before, he going to remember that, maybe hes shitting in a place he thinks is safe from you, the thing is to make it worthwhile for him to shit else where, if you can keep him out long enough to treat him for shitting in the right place , he'll soon cop on ,,pups can be a pain in the f*****g arse, whatever you do stick with it , you'll get there in the end, best of luck,,

One of mine was the same messed in his bed and was quite happy to lie in it. I was at my wits end I had to keep bathing him to get the mess off. Tried smaller bed and everything else. The only thing that worked was taking him out every hour without fail and waiting till he had been outside it was hell, it took a month of sometimes standing outside in the cold for ages but it did work in the end. Good luck.

Take hay or newspaper and put out it in the run, and instead give the pup something extra comfy to lie on, like a old sheet/blanket, wool jumper etc.

I have found that making the bed or cage smaller, doesnt always work, because once the pup is comfortable with shitting in his own bed, laying in shit, then it doesnt make a difference. I would actually give him more space.

The pup has to shit, so let him. Its difficult for a pup to hold it in for long periods, especially over night.

It would be helpful if you could give us a picture of the pups sleeping & kenneling arrangement, so that we can all help you out.

the pup has a 12foot by 6 foot covered run and the bed is at the back and that is 6 foot by 4 foot for some reason i cant upload pictures to show you but she has plenty of space outside the do her business i have tried putting old jumpers into the bed to make it more comfortable but that did not work i will make her bed smaller tomorrow to see if that helps and thanks for all the advise

Edited by ningbo

the pup has a 12foot by 6 foot covered run and the bed is at the back and that is 6 foot by 4 foot for some reason i cant upload pictures to show you but she has plenty of space outside the do her business i have tried putting old jumpers into the bed to make it more comfortable but that did not work i will make her bed smaller tomorrow to see if that helps and thanks for all the advise

Just try puting a temporary partition in the sleeping quarters mate,to see how it goes.

As already said, make the sleeping quarters smaller with a temp partition and move as he/she grows. As she is still a young pup on split feeds, try feeding outside of the run with access to your lawn, once its had its fill, it should want to go and empty itself on the lawn, it only takes a second to pick up :thumbs:

mi lurcher is a year old now and evry time i go out she will rek the house and de stroy anything i leev where she can get and thers allways a piss and 2 shits [bANNED TEXT] i get home she will nick any meet off the side defrosting for the ferrets if left alone but very good [bANNED TEXT] im ther only bad [bANNED TEXT] im out and i woodnt sel her for a 1000

mi lurcher is a year old now and evry time i go out she will rek the house and de stroy anything i leev where she can get and thers allways a piss and 2 shits [bANNED TEXT] i get home she will nick any meet off the side defrosting for the ferrets if left alone but very good [bANNED TEXT] im ther only bad [bANNED TEXT] im out and i woodnt sel her for a 1000

if that was my dog id give the f****r a slap. lol

that dont work mate tried it with my sons when they started drinking they still pissed every place but the toilet,cant do ii these days there too big : :D glad they left home lol

that dont work mate tried it with my sons when they started drinking they still pissed every place but the toilet,cant do ii these days there too big : :D glad they left home lol

:nono::haha:

Simple answer crate the youngster when you're out, saves things getting trashed and saves you getting annoyed with the dog. A kong filled with treats/meat then frozen keeps them occupied for a while.