collie lurcher breeding

id use my dog across her mate his feet are perfect you could run this dog on concrete with no probs of injury inbetween his toes is just pure hair he is saluki/grey collie grey and you can use him for a pup back if i like the look of your bitch :thumbs:

nice offer and a nice strong looking dog :thumbs:

Might it not be a better idea to buy a collie blooded lurcher pup of the percentage you want rather than breed a full litter from a lurcher bitch that at the end of the day your unsure of its breeding.

100%, if your not happy with her , why breed from her,,You'll pick up a pup handy now and you dont have to wait for the bitch to come, after you've found the right dog, talking f*****g years before a pup from your bitch will work properly,,pick a pup now and it might be doing a bit at the end of this winter,,

These posts are both the RIGHT advice :thumbs:

Hi, cheers for the offer [bANNED TEXT] but i fancy a bit more collie in the mix. You are all right about getting a collie lurcher of the right breeding but its not as simple as that.... the mrs needs to be convinced and the only way i can blag it is if she could see the pups and then i keep one. I am happy with every thing my bitch does, she retreives live to hand she is responsive and obedient, she just lacks the stamina to go all night and she has very week skin, i figure that putting a lot of collie in the mix would give me a lamping machine and then i would have the speed in mum should i need it.

Has any one got any pics of different types of border collies that have been used and the pups they produced?

I had a accidental mating a few years back with a collie/grey/whippet(dam) to a full collie and to be honest out of seven pups only two where worth keeping on as "running dogs".I'd say your best bet as was said previously would be to look for a pup with the right % of collie etc you're looking for fella

The collie...........

100_0087.jpg

The pup a mate kept that turned out a decent lamping dog........

100_0080.jpg

No pics of dam sorry.......John

Edited to say not a mating I would intentionally do,far too much wastage in the litter

Edited by johnny boy68

Thanks for your reply, that's very interesting, it's the sort of answer I was looking for. Tell me when you say only two where running dogs, did you mean the others were no good. At all? All the lurcher of old the wareners uses to use all look very collie like in the old pics. 

Thanks for your reply, that's very interesting, it's the sort of answer I was looking for. Tell me when you say only two where running dogs, did you mean the others were no good. At all? All the lurcher of old the wareners uses to use all look very collie like in the old pics. 

I thought(with my limited knowledge)they were very heavy boned and bar the two threw very heavily towards the collie side.I gave the whole litter away the 2 lurcher type pups went to boys that work them one lamps the other is a ferreting dog both honest little pot fillers,the other 5 went to pet homes still see 2 of them quite regular being walked,they look like collies act like collies..........not saying this is the norm just my experience of said mating,saying that the dogs that went to pet homes have never been worked so I wouldn't know.Though when I se the 2 being exercised they do look a little pacier than your average collie,hope this helps........John