border terriers

SHAME THERES NOT A LOT ABOUT SEEN 1 OR 2 REALLY GOOD HUNT TERRIERS THAT WERE BORDERS ABOUT 30 ODD YEARS AGO SINCE THEN ONLY SEEN 1 AND HE WAS A LUMP BUT NEVER MADE IT, SURE THERES SOME DECENT ONES ABOUT BUT MAYBE WE JUST DONT KNOW OF THEM REGARDS DABBER

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i was offerd one out of really good stuff for 350 quid i couldnt bring myself to pay it , if the same guy who offerd me the pup wanted one of mine i would be charging in the region of 100 covering cos

why the f**k would anyone want to kennel club register a working terrier??? Oh yeah, MONEY!

a couple of good working borders

Posted Images

SHAME THERES NOT A LOT ABOUT SEEN 1 OR 2 REALLY GOOD HUNT TERRIERS THAT WERE BORDERS ABOUT 30 ODD YEARS AGO SINCE THEN ONLY SEEN 1 AND HE WAS A LUMP BUT NEVER MADE IT, SURE THERES SOME DECENT ONES ABOUT BUT MAYBE WE JUST DONT KNOW OF THEM REGARDS DABBER

you have just seen 3 mate

ive got a border around 8 month old, bought him off a chav for £70 when he was about 3 month old, he was a bag of nerves when i got him, wouldnt go near anyone or anything, think he's had some hammer. hes turned into a right little belter, he loves bushing rabbits and knows how to sort a rat out. heard bad reviews about them as workers and about being slow starters but im happy with his progress.

oh and he wont be seeing no shows, even if i wanted to the poor sod hasnt got a tail :o

think there more talking about the breeds earth working ability pal than bushing rabbits and ratting :thumbs:

yea i know matey, hes only 8month old at the minute so hes not been to ground yet, but ive every faith in him when the time comes

ive got a border around 8 month old, bought him off a chav for £70 when he was about 3 month old, he was a bag of nerves when i got him, wouldnt go near anyone or anything, think he's had some hammer. hes turned into a right little belter, he loves bushing rabbits and knows how to sort a rat out. heard bad reviews about them as workers and about being slow starters but im happy with his progress.

oh and he wont be seeing no shows, even if i wanted to the poor sod hasnt got a tail :o

Has it been docked then?? Put a pic up.I know someone who had a litter last year and one pup was born with a very short tail in fact it was the length of a decent dock.

to be honest pal i dont know what happend to his tail, the lad said his dad had docked them for foxing ?

its down to his arse, there only bit of fluff round his arse end, like i said he was a chav so he must have had one 2 many white lightning ciders and decided he could dock tails, i'll try and sort a pic out. keeps saying the picture is too big to put on

think there more talking about the breeds earth working ability pal than bushing rabbits and ratting :thumbs:

yea i know matey, hes only 8month old at the minute so hes not been to ground yet, but ive every faith in him when the time comes

i hope he does the buisness for you pal keep us posted of his progress :thumbs:

i hope he does the buisness for you pal keep us posted of his progress :thumbs:

will do pal, cheers

Shame they are a dying breed in the working side

Why dont they add bull to the breed, like they do to patts. Or cross to some top patterdale. Didnt paterdales come from crossing border with black and tan working lakeland.

Why put bull in them?????

why would you put bull in any good working strain of terrier, if it aint got the minerals in the first place, then surely their not bred from the right stuff, mine are hard enough, and i would,nt want to change that, some cracking pics there mark.

you have just seen 3 mate

TRUE MATE BUT COMPARED TO WHAT OTHER BREEDS YOU SEE 3 ISNT A LOT REGARDS DABBER

i have a border x parson dog at 13mths and a ped border bitch 11mths.she is just starting to cum keen 2 go 2 ground but the dog was game at 6/7 mths.did a pig farm last week with my [bANNED TEXT] and his black bitch and we got around 120 enoks in 35mins,thought that was ok,the young bitch border (skinny)nailed the most by far-and is quickest by far but black pat seems the most game [bANNED TEXT] just out and about.anyway [bANNED TEXT] long im gna breed my 2.wil b 1/4 parson and 3/4 border-wil i have probs getting rid-any ideas.cheers chaps,im the newbie,ha.