collie coated collie greyhound crosses

Hi, i was wondering is there any one out there who keeps border collie x greyhound crosses that hold that collie feathering. Ive only ever seen one which was a half cross back to half cross mateing. Ive seen a few pics in books over the years but thats it realy. Be interested if any one on hear has any pics if so, they always seem to throw the smooth coat not that rabbits mind to much i guess!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tried Hancock fella :gunsmilie:

Im not sure id go back there for a dog, and to be honest ive not seen any such dogs there any way , that didnt have beardie in anyway.Im kinda looking for something like Flynn in page 45 of lurchers and longdogs by walsh or something like that wooly bear thats poped up in some of plummers books. I like the collie xgreyhound cross but would like to hide what they are a bit.

had colie types with wiry coatsbut looked like a running dog but not to much but could run he had acoat on him he is in earthdog running dog collie john has pics of him some of his family have thick coats when put back to collie types but they still have grew muscles and pretty feisty

had colie types with wiry coatsbut looked like a running dog but not to much but could run he had acoat on him he is in earthdog running dog collie john has pics of him some of his family have thick coats when put back to collie types but they still have grew muscles and pretty feisty

Its a shame these type of dogs are out of fashion these days,would of been nice to see some pics on hear . Hey ho!

there not just dogs of that stamp are not easy come by and well hard bitten types of colie type lurchers not always good pets and most of the eejits and preteders want pets not full on working type dogs whoneed work ,the dogs aint changed just the guys who keep them thats for sure

Cant for the life of me ever recall seeing or coming across a wirehaired collie?were these from a certain line?

Y.I.S Leeview

Cant for the life of me ever recall seeing or coming across a wirehaired collie?were these from a certain line?

Y.I.S Leeview

Me niether .I had wat people used to think were collie crosses in the late 70s 80s but their was also beddy in them as well and the spikey coat resurfaced four generations from pups out of them.atb dell

wire haired ye newlands near lauder had them a long strip down the back , m chapmans colie cross bob, katie kzzy my luke, his pups all had a rough back on them along the back from kneck to tail got them here pics of them all no beddie in them for sure , saw farm curs with rough backs on them to in the borders of scotland but pretty rare, maybe an eight beardie but not to my knowledge

Its only my opinion but i would think it was imposible to get a brocken coat in lurchers that were only a mix of border collie and greyhound i have seen a few throw featherd that have been mistook for saluki hybreds but never spikey coated dogs .atb dell

Its only my opinion but i would think it was imposible to get a brocken coat in lurchers that were only a mix of border collie and greyhound i have seen a few throw featherd that have been mistook for saluki hybreds but never spikey coated dogs .atb dell

I know for a fact that it can be done as the bitch i know of was a mateing of two half crosses, there was a dog in the litter that went to portland but never found out what happened to him. The bitch in north wales often gets mistaken for a saluki cross.One of the best dogs ive seen on the lamp to. The reverse cross throws the feathering sometimes depending on the collies used. I would be keen to put this back in my lines with out adding another breed.Just want that collie feathering to hide what they are, i dont poach or anything like that but have been pulled up by cops way to many times this year for my likeing.

I owen a 15 month old colli/grayhound 2ndx who has a slight feathering from his shoulder down his back and a coat as smoth as you like. He is a lovely dog and has already showen great potential. I carnt wait to bring him on next season. His name is "Beau". Beau is the one on the right the other dog is "silk" she is whippet x colli/greyhound and is due pups soon.

post-37850-083305000 1278849696_thumb.jpgpost-37850-041490500 1278850100_thumb.jpg

Edited by WOLVERINE817

I know for a fact that it can be done as the bitch i know of was a mateing of two half crosses, there was a dog in the litter that went to portland but never found out what happened to him. The bitch in north wales often gets mistaken for a saluki cross.One of the best dogs ive seen on the lamp to. The reverse cross throws the feathering sometimes depending on the collies used. I would be keen to put this back in my lines with out adding another breed.Just want that collie feathering to hide what they are, i dont poach or anything like that but have been pulled up by cops way to many times this year for my likeing.

I have also seen a few with the feathering but those i have seen with harsh slightly brocken coats [bANNED TEXT] you go back in their breeding theirs usualy some thing else in the mix .atb dell