Gunsmitih in Cambridgeshire...

Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith in the Cambridgeshire area who can give a cheap spanish 12bore a service. The 2nd barrel has started not firing occasionally, so i assume its either a weak spring, or the previous owner put so much oil on the hammers that it needs a good clean out.

Ive just phoned one gunshop in spalding and they wanted £100 to service it which is more than the gun is worth.

Any recommendations? Id do it myself but no matter how much I try (even using the proper gunsmith bits) I can not get the bottom plate screw undone.

Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith in the Cambridgeshire area who can give a cheap spanish 12bore a service. The 2nd barrel has started not firing occasionally, so i assume its either a weak spring, or the previous owner put so much oil on the hammers that it needs a good clean out.

Ive just phoned one gunshop in spalding and they wanted £100 to service it which is more than the gun is worth.

Any recommendations? Id do it myself but no matter how much I try (even using the proper gunsmith bits) I can not get the bottom plate screw undone.

I would love to help my friend but by the time you get the gun to us and to return that in its self is best part of £40.00 pound to the guys at TNT, it also sound like you could use some parts once inside could very easy spend another £50 even at trade money. very happy to help if I can. UK GUN REPAIRS.

you also have John Bradshaws at perio mill on the 605 just past peterboro he is a shot gun man has been for donkeys years and they do the repairs them self they dont send it on and say we done it, Dave shipman is good though quick turn around he has a bloke in the town comes in and does the repairs,

whats wrong with fenland there repair bloke used to work for the police and did a lot of military fire arm repair i have been going to Bill's for years never heard a bad word said about him , although i was in the shop one time when some bloke said he could get the ammo he wanted cheaper some where else and bill told him to f--k and go there then.

paul

you also have John Bradshaws at perio mill on the 605 just past peterboro he is a shot gun man has been for donkeys years and they do the repairs them self they dont send it on and say we done it, Dave shipman is good though quick turn around he has a bloke in the town comes in and does the repairs,

whats wrong with fenland there repair bloke used to work for the police and did a lot of military fire arm repair i have been going to Bill's for years never heard a bad word said about him , although i was in the shop one time when some bloke said he could get the ammo he wanted cheaper some where else and bill told him to f--k and go there then.

paul

my dad took his shotgun in there to be repaired as it kept double discharging, he brought it off them bout a year so warrentee had ran out, they had it for 7 months yes 7. they gave it back within a week it was doing the same again he took it back and they had it for a further 3 months and said it couldnt be fixed, twats. it now sits in the cabinet and he brought a beretta instead