bald patches on legs

just been out the back with my ferrets and i noticed that my hob polecat has a bald patch on each of his front legs almost on the back of his paws,they are both about the same size and there are no more anywere on his body. does anyone know what this could be? thanks in advance for any replys atb tyson :thumbs:

just been out the back with my ferrets and i noticed that my hob polecat has a bald patch on each of his front legs almost on the back of his paws,they are both about the same size and there are no more anywere on his body. does anyone know what this could be? thanks in advance for any replys atb tyson :thumbs:

could be him biting at it for some reason or is he trying to scratch his way out the cage somewhere.

ive checked his feet and bald patches and there is no signs of any mites or anything eles i can see or feel,ive also cheaked that disease out on the internet and i dont think its that but he is scratching quite alot at the mesh on the cage. how can i stop him from doing this? thanks for the help guys :thumbs: atb tyson :thumbs:

Could be the early signs of adrenal gland disease.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: and who told you adrenal starts on the feet. i take it the ferret is entire, if this is the case then even less chance of being adrenal disease, id say check him all over and see if you can see any mites but if he is entire it could be that (a) he is shaking the mesh (B just hormones (c alopecia that can occur due to being stessed out stuck in a cage while wanting to breed. (d) mites and mind they can be that small only a scalpol test by the vet will give an answer.

i would say it be more likley to be A or B

Edited by wullieh

awrrite tyson hows things mate????

iv had this happen a few times to hobs when they are pacing the court wanting to get at the jills

i was always under the impression that is either, just were they have been trying to get oot an rubbing it bare

or hormones or stress as said before in the thread...

id just keep an eye on it, an chances are it will come back when the season comes around again

hows the pup???

atb

Dotty

:thumbs:

ive checked his feet and bald patches and there is no signs of any mites or anything eles i can see or feel,ive also cheaked that disease out on the internet and i dont think its that but he is scratching quite alot at the mesh on the cage. how can i stop him from doing this? thanks for the help guys :thumbs: atb tyson :thumbs:

The scratching at the mesh sounds typical of an entire hob .. i know mine does a hell of a lot of it & did the same last year .. I would also be inclined to think that the patches could be the result of the rhythmic scratching rubbing on the wire .. same sort of thing when ferrets get some hair loss on there bellys when using a pop hole

If he is in good health generally i would simply keep an eye on him & act accordingly if the thinning gets any worse :thumbs:

thanks for the replys everyone :notworthy: i'll keep an eye on him :thumbs:

[bANNED TEXT] dotty mate :thumbs:

im not to bad thanks,the pups doing well he still needs to calm down a bit because at the moment hes 100mph everywere but hes still young so im not to worried. i aint been on here in a while...hows your new one coming up there? last i seen pics on here she looked a cracker.

atb tyson :thumbs:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: and who told you adrenal starts on the feet. i take it the ferret is entire, if this is the case then even less chance of being adrenal disease, id say check him all over and see if you can see any mites but if he is entire it could be that (a) he is shaking the mesh (B just hormones (c alopecia that can occur due to being stessed out stuck in a cage while wanting to breed. (d) mites and mind they can be that small only a scalpol test by the vet will give an answer.

Were you born a f*****g twat or did you get lessons ! :feck:

Signs that a ferret has an adrenal tumor

Weight loss, hair loss - especially at the base of the tail, feet and abdomen, and scratching for no apparent reason, are often the only early signs of adrenal disease in either a male or female

Not my words, from a veterinary site.

Edited by romany52

Weight loss, hair loss - especially at the base of the tail, feet and abdomen, and scratching for no apparent reason, are often the only early signs of adrenal disease in either a male or female

Tyson could you please confirm if you hob is entire or been neutered.

Romany52 im sure you jumped down my throat at a post i put in simalar to yours about adrenal, only differance was i didn't read the full topic properly :feck:

Romany52 im sure you jumped down my throat at a post i put in simalar to yours about adrenal, only differance was i didn't read the full topic properly :feck:

to be fair he is right when he says ' your a twat'

yeah he is entire :thumbs:

yeah he is entire :thumbs:

say no more Romany52 and then came along my good friend primate.

uncommon almoast unknown in entire ferrets, FACT also a vets statment.

bloody hell i cant believe all these vets who are giving there opnions at 12pm :whistling:

if your worried about your ferret take it to the vet and i beg of you not to take information of people who heard from a mate of a mate or those who run a rescue ( they are no way qualified )

just like humans ,certain symptons can mean anything and can lead to all kinds of shit , the animal needs to be examined.