Lapua .308 brass

Sam -

Why not buy say 50 rounds of factory ammo? Use 20 to shoot your barrel in. 20 to zero your sights, 10 in the field. Then you will have 50 cases fire-formed to your gun and a benchmark to load to.

Ric

Sam -

Why not buy say 50 rounds of factory ammo? Use 20 to shoot your barrel in. 20 to zero your sights, 10 in the field. Then you will have 50 cases fire-formed to your gun and a benchmark to load to.

Ric

Hey Ric, well i may be jumping the gun a little (pardon the pun) i just want to get some bits "sorted". I mainly want Lapua as its the dogs really (from what ive read), and should in theory last longer than others.

As for shooting factory, i was thinking of getting some Prvi to start..... as it will be a 1/10 twist bullet weights should be in the 170-200 grains. So i would try PPU Prvi for around 50-60 squids per 100! Thats a cheap way to get range time

What are you using your .308 for? Lapua brass is consistent, but it's not going to make much difference unless you are exacting the tiniest bits of difference. Some prvi brass is going to be cheaper and just as good for most applications.

Hello all, well let's cut to the chase. I'm getting a .308 and will be home loading for it. Dose anybody have some or know someone who I could purchase some once fired Lapua brass from??

Thanks

I can do you brand new stuff for - off the top of my head - £45.50/100. Need to check my list later though but that's within pennies think.

Unless you've personally fired it you don't know if its really "once fired" or "many tims fired".

J.

What are you using your .308 for? Lapua brass is consistent, but it's not going to make much difference unless you are exacting the tiniest bits of difference. Some prvi brass is going to be cheaper and just as good for most applications.

Have to agree with Logic !

Not worth the extra cost unless you buy the best die's & scales and are shooting comps.

Hello all, well let's cut to the chase. I'm getting a .308 and will be home loading for it. Dose anybody have some or know someone who I could purchase some once fired Lapua brass from??

Thanks

lapua 308 brass is the cheapest lapua brass £50 approx but if its once fired you want try peter lawman :thumbs:

Sam -

Ric

Hey Ric, well i may be jumping the gun a little (pardon the pun) i just want to get some bits "sorted". I mainly want Lapua as its the dogs really (from what ive read), and should in theory last longer than others.

As for shooting factory, i was thinking of getting some Prvi to start..... as it will be a 1/10 twist bullet weights should be in the 170-200 grains. So i would try PPU Prvi for around 50-60 squids per 100! Thats a cheap way to get range time

just a heads up prvi 308 doesnt chamber in every rifle so dont buy 100 to start.Ive seen it in a brand new remy 700sps and a brand new cz 550 and the bolt wouldnt close :thumbs:

Thanks for the replys, i'm going to try a box of prvi and see how I get on. At Under £50 per hundred fir 180grn soft point - it would be rude not to.

Even the brass costs £30 per 100 So loaded for an extra £20 - to good to be true??? As in, pretty poor quality??

I will begin to load for it, I will just see if the rifle "likes" prvi first.

The rifle Im getting is a Remmy 700 tactical AAC-SD, hopefully the Prvi stuff fits!!

As for what it will be used for, well long range target, vermin & some Deer.

Thanks for the price jonathan L.

Sam -

Ric

just a heads up prvi 308 doesnt chamber in every rifle so dont buy 100 to start.Ive seen it in a brand new remy 700sps and a brand new cz 550 and the bolt wouldnt close :thumbs:

It should be going back then. I've shot lots of it - and know other who have shot lots of it - and it always chambres.

J.

Sam -

Ric

The bit with new brass about it should be sized and trimmed first? Bet it works then...

Sam -

Ric

:thumbs:

privvy partizan 150gr s/p 100 - £50 . reload x10

Sam -

Ric

It should be going back then. I've shot lots of it - and know other who have shot lots of it - and it always chambres.

J.

may just have been a bad batch?but its a sickener if you bought 100 that dont chamber.it was factory ammo btw not brass. :thumbs::thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like I won't be doing any reloading for the .308 for about 11 weeks, as I have decided to go for a custom rifle! I spoke to RifleCraft yesterday and got the ball rolling.

22" 1/11 twist heavy contour, rem 700 blue-printed action, HS precision stock.

The .204 should be back in my hands very soon, just waiting for the Proof house now. Also a slight adjustment on that front, I've decided to drop that into the ACIS as I've picked up some AI .223 magazines for it.

Pictures to follow very soon hopefully!!!!!