feo's making another visit

the feo is coming over on wednesday to discuss a few things with my certificate. ive got a mentoring condition on my .243 which he says will be removed which is good news. however ive also asked to have my certificate opened up so that i can shoot on my mates farm. he's got a massive fox problem on his farm and also some roe deer which i dont get on my permission. the problem is that all i need to have my certificate opened is proof that ive been shooting both rifles loads. ive had the .17hmr since december two years ago and the .243 since last april/may but because ive just done my first year at uni ive barely used the rifles in the last year so it could go against me. is there anything i can do to ensure my certificate gets opened up?

sorry for the essay

jack

let us know how u get on had mine 6 months really need it opening up i have over 600 acres i could shoot on but the farmer doesnt want the police to check his land, i cant see why there is a problem blooming farmers, i was gunna see if i can my mate the gamekeeper to say i work alongside him and for him maybe this would get it opened up

Jack - I'm not trying to be a smartarse here, but are you clear on what an open certificate actually is? If your ticket is open you can decide whether to use a given calibre on any land where you have permission. If you do not have deer on your ticket you are not allowed to shoot them on any land, whether the owner says yea or nay. So if you have a .243 and a farmer asks you to take out foxes on his land, if you judge the land to be safe for a .243 you can go ahead, even if the land is only cleared for say .22CF. If the land is cleared for .243 but you do not have deer on your ticket you cannot shoot deer, even if the permission owner asks you.

An open certificate is NOT open in the sense that you can decide what to shoot, only that you can decide where to shoot.

I think, and this is only my opinion, that you will still need to get some form of qualification before you are allowed to shoot deer.

All the best with year two. You're gonna have to start working! Do you have problems with antis at uni? I bloody near got lynched when I said that I shoot for sport. Antis can get really violent.

Ric :gunsmilie:

Edited by RicW

ric i apologise i didnt make it particularly clear. i do have a deer condition on my ticket, even though i have not done a dsc (this seems to me to be usual practice for most constabularies now). I am aware of what an open certificate entails, basically means that i can choose which land to shoot over if i deem it safe and i have the permission of the landowner. i do have a fair number of munties on my land but no roe. we used to get a few years ago but theyve moved on. my mate wants me to be shooting on his land as he enjoys being out and doesnt have an FAC.

i havnt actually had many anti comments. ive learnt not to go around talking openly about blood sports because i understand that many people do not agree with it (perfectly acceptable they have the right not to) but anyone who starts preaching their views to me will and has got my honest opinion.

do you think theres anything i can do to help persuade the FEO to open my certificate?

cheers, jack

You're doing it mate! Show common sense, awareness of the possible risks incurred by using a calibre too big for the land, and make clear that backstop is critical.

Much the same with the antis here. I just keep schtum nowadays but if they start on me I can get VERY RUDE!

Ric

Don't give up the sex,drugs,sex,rock'n'roll',sex,alcohol,sex and getting your end away.

Ric

You're doing it mate! Show common sense, awareness of the possible risks incurred by using a calibre too big for the land, and make clear that backstop is critical.

Much the same with the antis here. I just keep schtum nowadays but if they start on me I can get VERY RUDE!

Ric

Don't give up the sex,drugs,sex,rock'n'roll',sex,alcohol,sex and getting your end away.

Ric

ha dont worry i have no intention on giving it up. the only worry i have is that they may disagree seeing as ive barely used either rifle in the last year. otherwise i cant see it being a problem. ill let you know the outcome. cheers for the advice

jack