Another satisfied (new) client

I have been trying to catch up with a buck doing very bad damage to young apple trees. Its been a month now of dawn and dusks, both stalking and high seats, but i havent even set eyes on him yet. Tonight found his tracks lower down in the valley but sitting up until 10.20 he never showed. I see the only doe in his territory practicaly every time i go out. Tonight she was only ten yards from me. She is a last years youngster and no way ready for mating yet, but i know within a couple of weeks he will not be able to resist. I know the does movements intimately now and hope this will help bring the bucks demise.

I think this buck is noctural and the trees are on the perifery of his territory so maybe he only visits at night. His tracks are quite big and i hope he is a good mature specimen, but until i set eyes on him i won't know. I now see this buck as a personal chalenge..... :victory::victory:

Dont let him beat you mate as i will have to come up and show you how its done :victory: .Have you discounted midday as this is when i see some really nice bucks in undisturbed areas .Its easy to think of deer as first and last light movers but you know yourself theres always an exception .

:clapper: Messer.

I'm there in the daytime too FD as thats where alot of my caterpillars are sleeved out on the bushes. See you soon matey.... :boogie:

nice pics jon...i was watchin a niceroe buck on a bit of new land this morn at 4.30......luckily the dog didnt see him or i would have been in trouble as it ran [bANNED TEXT] across a golf course..i aint that clued up on deer but this chap looked like he had a fine set of antlers on him...al take the camera nxt time....just in case!!!

As you know jon i am a fan of the elbow shoulder shot mate and feel its the way to make sure the deer dies very quick while not going to far in the now increasing cover. Here's one that got a way.post-34278-127635881659_thumb.jpg

If they hand around they got to go

to answer the above 2.

all these bucks have come on the whole from different ground many miles from each other.

i have about 14 farms/estates 12,000 acres ish and the distace from the furthest 2 is 60mile from each other. All this is set within more farmland much of which is not shot for deer beacause of large pheasant shoots so allowing a never ending supply of spill out.

and the clients who dont want posting get the drawn on glasses treatment i ask everbody.

regards john.

Edited by john robbo