Nice fish, the Brownies look like stocked fish, are they?

well a few are stocked but any under 4 lbs are wild but they are cracking sport and are quite a challenge to catch.

Did you use a dry or a nymph or a worm? even a 3lb Brown is a large river specimen now a days.

Edited by leegreen

Nice fish, the Brownies look like stocked fish, are they?

well a few are stocked but any under 4 lbs are wild but they are cracking sport and are quite a challenge to catch.

Did you use a dry or a nymph or a worm? even a 3lb Brown is a large river specimen now a days.

dry...that is all they allow there. but its my favourite way of fishing, so exciting when you see them come up about to take

maximum spec....... They look like top quality fish.. :victory::notworthy:

I'm hoping one day to hit the chalkstreams during mayfly time........Your'e very lucky... :victory:

Thanks for sharing the pics... :victory:

i know...it is so lucky, it is the best thing ever. fish splashing everywhere!#

maximum spec....... They look like top quality fish.. :victory::notworthy:

I'm hoping one day to hit the chalkstreams during mayfly time........Your'e very lucky... :victory:

Thanks for sharing the pics... :victory:

lovely fish.. i have 2 of the finest chalk steams in the country on my doorstep which produce fine trout and grayling but unless you have around £3000 spare and willing to wait untill someone dies,theres no chance of legitimatelly fishing them(river kennet and test).ive fished them a couple of times for trout but frequently pike fish them although ive not had one over 17lb yet,other friends have had some stonkers.20lb plus fish come out every season but every pike must be killed :thumbdown: only the rainbows are stocked but all browns are wild,often 5lb fish are caught but usually returned.the grayling go up to 4lb i have been told.