HOW LONG DO YOU SPEND

i have... just been in the garage for the last hour shredding down the dogs veg and fruite for the next 2 weeks and i was in there on saturday for 4 hours mincing down the rabbit beef chicken and offal .... whilst i was in there this afternoon i was pondering over how much time i put into the dogs ... as i said i spend a good few hours every month on their feeding alone they also have at the very least a 2 hour walk every day ... then there is training time ... then there is the cutomery few hours in the evening when they are allowed in the house ... top that with getting them out working at least twice a week and i reckon i am spending more time with the hounds than i do with the family .... is it just me or is this the norm ............

MMMMMMM A NICE BIT OF SCOFF .................

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

i have... just been in the garage for the last hour shredding down the dogs veg and fruite for the next 2 weeks and i was in there on saturday for 4 hours mincing down the rabbit beef chicken and offal .... whilst i was in there this afternoon i was pondering over how much time i put into the dogs ... as i said i spend a good few hours every month on their feeding alone they also have at the very least a 2 hour walk every day ... then there is training time ... then there is the cutomery few hours in the evening when they are allowed in the house ... top that with getting them out working at least twice a week and i reckon i am spending more time with the hounds than i do with the family .... is it just me or is this the norm ............

MMMMMMM A NICE BIT OF SCOFF .................

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

sounds all right to me a wish a could spend more time with ma dogs plus the more yer out the house the less nagging :11:

duckwing i wasnt trying to imply that i am anything special i was just wondering with todays fast moving times how much time people had left for theyr dogs .............

Edited by socks

Well socks,

Preparing the food doesn't take long as I get it from Landywoods and all the wings are bagged and the mince is prepared, all I do is defrost it. I'm lucky that all three of mine come to work with me everyday :D I walk them in the morning and during my lunch and then take them out on my days off although they almost come everywhere. When I was more involved in sport dog training I was training fout nights a week for 2/3 hours and at least one whole day at the weekend, not to mention driving from my job, which at the time was on the Lincolnshire coast to Nottingham, I used to average nearly a thousand miles a week :icon_eek: Now I don't compete or train like I used to and i'm happy for a mornings rattting/rabbiting or shooting :yes:

2 hours exercise monday to friday with a lamping trip. at the weekend all day and i try to git out as much as a can. Preparing the food doesn't take long dry meal and boild rabbit .use to kennel them but now ive only got the one so she in the house with me . the wife 10 mins brushing her and 15mins walking her at bed time so we have no accident in the house. :whistle: