Long range rabbits

Went out for a bit of fun tonight on some long rang rabbits with my Ruger .204. I did not shoot at anything under 230 yards and when for head shots only i had 2 at 260 and 1 at 283 missed 1 shot just over the top of it's head not too bad i was using the 34g DogTown HP from Midway took me a long time to get the load right but i am now pleased with the load. They make a bit of a mess of there heads but i don't eat that part anyway. :yes:

Shootingcharley :yes:

post-50163-127568618564_thumb.jpg

Went out for a bit of fun tonight on some long rang rabbits with my Ruger .204. I did not shoot at anything under 230 yards and when for head shots only i had 2 at 260 and 1 at 283 missed 1 shot just over the top of it's head not too bad i was using the 34g DogTown HP from Midway took me a long time to get the load right but i am now pleased with the load. They make a bit of a mess of there heads but i don't eat that part anyway. :yes:

Some sharp shooting there Den :clapper:

very good shooting, i've started expanding my range with my .223 had it few months now had 1 rabbit at 143 and 1 at 181yrds yesterday, i was pleased with that from factory loads

very good shooting, i've started expanding my range with my .223 had it few months now had 1 rabbit at 143 and 1 at 181yrds yesterday, i was pleased with that from factory loads

Nothing wrong with that mate i have been doing this a long time and spent a lot of dosh on this rifle keep at it.

Shootingcharley.

:thumbs:

Some sharp shooting there Den :clapper:

Thanks mate it was fun. :yes:

What mag 'scope does the .204 wear?

Ric

Hi Ric i use a 8x32x50 Zos

shootingcharley

Thanks for that. As you may know, I am planning to build a long range .204 special. 8-32 looks favourite but it's always good to get as many opinions as poss!

Ric

Ric

shootingcharley

Thanks for that. As you may know, I am planning to build a long range .204 special. 8-32 looks favourite but it's always good to get as many opinions as poss!

Ric

ive a 8-32 x 56 ags on mine very good

Ric

shootingcharley

Ric

ive a 8-32 x 56 ags on mine very good

I think that will do the job nicely

Thanks pipple. 8-32 it is. I don't like cluttered reticles for long range, I'd sooner range and dial in, but that can wait til it starts to happen for real. I fancy the Kahles or S&B.

Ric