Sea Fishing

Ive got a spare week with nothing to do so im thinking i might try abit of fishing for mackrel. I have NOTHING i have no idea what im doing all i know is what i would like to do. I live quite near southport so i wa thinking i would try beach casting there, is that feasable? Or do i have to go somewere like blackpool ad cast off the pier there? I dont mind spending abit of money because ive wanted to go for abit but can any one point me in the right direction for kit i need and any advise on gear. Also do i need a rod license or anything? And finaly possably the daftest question, is there a season? As in can you fish all year round and if you can can you catch stuff al year round?

Ta for your help.

If your after mackeral, a beach caster rod and reel, mackeral feathers, and a bigish weight, fish when the tide is coming in, simple!

Im sure a tackle shop will explain the finer points and be very helpfull when they are taking your dosh off you :thumbs:

tight lines

Molie

If your after mackeral, a beach caster rod and reel, mackeral feathers, and a bigish weight, fish when the tide is coming in, simple!

Im sure a tackle shop will explain the finer points and be very helpfull when they are taking your dosh off you :thumbs:

tight lines

Molie

try taking a look at world sea fishing forum they will point you in the right direction of local tide fishing times as in best time to fish on the push or drop and some good local fishing marks normally inly the well know ones as some people like to keep some marks a secret.

Fishing for markel is that simple not much tackle required and you don't need to spend a fortune as with anything you can pretty much spend as little or as much as you like. Try your local tackle shop most a more than happy to talk (for hours some times)

enjoy your fishing

• Like 1
Guest bullterrier

Im sure a tackle shop will explain the finer points and be very helpfull when they are taking your dosh off you thumbs.gif

tight lines

Molie

Thanks biggrin.gif. is it realy that simple?

try rhyl mate you;ll need a rocket launcher for south port beach don't think the tides been in since the beginning of time they do some cheap charters out of rhyl for mackerel fishing and you can hire the rod and gear you;ll need thumbs.gif john

Ok ta mate. Yer southport would be a trek to the sea i thoght id seen people at formby and that casting off the beach there but your right i might have a look at rhyl

they have banned beach casting at formby , although no one takes any notice , there is a boat fishing

club at anisdale just behind pontins,there are several boats run fishing charters out of liverpool

marina walk in and check out notice board, beach casting is a bit tricky at first casting set up etc

go down to the coat gaurd station at crosby at high tide sit and watch the lads setting up most will pass on info etc , good little tackle shop in litherland facing the snooker club , he will point you in the right direction , good luck

tight lines

Molie

Far be it from me to dispute the advice of a fellow angler but... :D

You want a spinning rod of decent length for spinning from the beach as opposed to a beach caster. :yes: Take it from me, after a half hour of spinning with a beach caster & a heavy weight you'll know all about it! :clapper:

I've got a 10ft spinning rod and I can chuck a set of feathers out near as damn it as far as I can the beach caster. For me the beauty of this set up is that it can be doubled up as a bass rod with slightly different gear on it.

as has been suggested, the lads over on worldseafishing.com are the boys when it comes to sea fishing, just google it and join the forum.

Tight lines! :thumbs: