what do you think?

i'm thinking of buying something like this for me and the lad in a few wks. i know they are cheap compared to some gear that the keen anglers use, but as i know fook all about fishing, why go mad, i just fancey taking the lad out a bit, even though they are a cheap set up ( beginner like me ) are they worth a bash at. thumbs.gif

there might be a few pm's coming from me for some advise icon_redface.gif

cheers all

FULL SET UP POD ALARMS RODS BAIT RUNNERS CARP PIKE

Guest bullterrier

looks OK that jacko if you have a shop called cash converters try them sell some bargain gear you cant beat watching your lad catching there first fish and don't forget the camera mate .thumbs.gif ..john

JUST STARTED WITH THE FRESH WATER FISHING MY SELF MATE IM SOUND AT SEA FISHING BUT GREEN AT FRESH WATER. WENT NIGHT FISHING WITH CO CHISE . D BRIT . SIZO . HAYNES . WELL NIGHT FISHING/DRINKING/BBQ ING WILL SEND YOU AN INVITE NEXT TIME WE GO THE LAD WILL LOVE IT. CO CHGISE IS EDUCATING ME HAVE A WORD WITH HIM :thumbs:

cheers john, but i think the lad will be taking the pic of his first fish with me pretending it was mine icon_eek.gif

yeh bushy co is the fisherman, he's the man i'll see,

cheers for the invite pal. hope alls well thumbs.gif

thats what i'm after, feedback, thumbs.gif

A good pike reel will cost you more than all that Ask a good fisherman he will tell you how to buy.Spend a bit more but it will last and not fall apart first time you use it.atb. Catcher thumbs.gif

its like most things, you get what you pay for, my main reason for going cheap was incase the lad/myself didn't get into it, so no great loss really, i'm hoping i/ we do, then better tackle will be bought, if it lasts it lasts, but it was a kit, maybe i'd be better buying used gear thumbs.gif

it will get you started jack

as long as the young 'un gets "hooked"....(poor ...i know)

what does it matter

its just great getting out with the kids and sharing the experience......it dosn't matter how much the gear cost........its about getting out there and getting the kids interested...........they are our sports future !!!!!! :thumbs:

go for it mate..........and enjoy !!!!!!

atb

sean

Have you had a look at the dragon carp gear their cheap but not bad they should do your youngen them thats on there my tip if you are fishing for pike load the reels up with braid some 30 pound braid is the same diamiter as 12 pound line and will be easier for your lad to reel the pike in with less risk of the line snappingthumbs.gif