lonly ferrit

right lads i have a jill witch i have had about 6 months, i only got the one as it was my first ferrit and not wontin to jump in at the deep end i thort the one would do me but whatchen her by her self its a shame that i dont have a frend for her lol, i have tryed on here to get a nother one but no luck and tryed other places same none about were i live if eny one can help me am in derby but have no transport so eny one near me can help i have the money waiten thanks for readin :thumbs: sorry mods i no its the wrong place but had no luck in the wonted bit :thumbs:

Is this a common problem? Is it best to keep pairs? I'm thinking of getting a ferret this year and as a beginner was thinking of just getting the one.

Linc , it depends on the ferret .Most do like company of 1 or more other ferrets but I have a loner who will NOT tolerate another ferret,i've tried her with jills/hobs and kits but she tries to kill any that are near her.

Is this a common problem? Is it best to keep pairs? I'm thinking of getting a ferret this year and as a beginner was thinking of just getting the one.

if you just want one ferret try the nearest ferret rescue as they usually have ferret who cant be housed with others .. so theres always the odd one or two who need to be kept as lone ferrets :thumbs:

Cheers for the replies. Thats all the excuse I need to get two so thanks. I was planning on starting with one an then another when I've learnt a bit more. I'm in North Lincolnshire if there's anyone with surplus kits looking later this year let me kno.

Linc , it depends on the ferret .Most do like company of 1 or more other ferrets but I have a loner who will NOT tolerate another ferret,i've tried her with jills/hobs and kits but she tries to kill any that are near her.

I would say that the problem of them not likeing to be housed with others only happens when they aint used to been kept with anouther, they are always better off in pairs from young so they can play and mess around when u aint there to entertain them. looking after two is easyer than looking after one and looking after more is just as easy. good luck in findin some.

and tb5 good luck in intreduceing a new one into urs, not that u should need it :boogie: