Sea fishing trips

I haven't been fishing since I was a teenager but fancy a day on a boat sea fishing. I live near the east coast and does anyone one where I can go for a day out??

P.S. I'm a complete novice at sea fishing :icon_redface:

simoman i live near gy i know a bloke down dock who takes people out in the humber [ weather permitting] if you want i will keep my eye out for him and get you his phone number etc, i think he supplys the bait as well will let you know.cheers byron

I have to agree if you aint been out in ages try to start back up in the summer its a lot easier with jiggers/rippers in conjunction with lures (muppets ,daylites and big hokais a favourite)for them big cod and ling .Even if you wanted to use bait a couple of boxes of squid and mackerel is a killer bait and mackerel can be caught very easily with a string of feathers during the summer months from the boats sometimes being a pain trying to get through them to get to the bigger stuff.I like the winter myself too off the boats having had some good days in the past but you do get cold ,wet and sometimes chucked about like a lost sock in a drier :)

• 2 weeks later...

get your self up in scotland ive got an 8 metre cygnus fast worker itll cost you 15 quid for deisel weel go for lobster cod ,ling , bass, pollack , im only 30 miles from berwick upon tweed there plenty cheap bed and breakfasts , youlll not forget a good day out with the rod pots and maybe nets alll the best