GRASS CARP

Oh yeah I night fish for them with tail sections..If your first one has a small mouth they usually prefer worms the larger mouthed ones prefer dead bait .Very distinct difference in the mouths found the bigger ones are the larger mouthed ones

totally agree.ive spent around 20years fishing for eels.we get many perch around here at the 4lb mark but big pike(30lb plus)are rare. :thumbdown:

30lb pike are rare anywhere Earth..... As for the eels, yea sure they like deads but try a good sized livey, just below the surface, you may find you'll catch the biggest Eel in the water! A warm muggy night with no moon and a good sized live roach (bottom lip hooked, so it lives longer) flapping about on or near the surface will do you proud. It also eliminates the smaller eels...

Dontv use a float rig, use a suspended rig, or even a good strong pop up rig. The same as what you'd use for cats on a surface livebait, but trimmed down..

no offence mate,but ive been fishing them long enough and know the score but totally different to your tactics :thumbs:

:clapper::clapper::clapper: In other words go and tell someone who gives a f**k bell end :clapper::clapper::clapper:

:icon_redface::laugh::laugh:

Redcharge f**k you you dickhead, i was giving only trying to help and have a chat about fishing mate... Earth, i thought you were a sound guy, we have commented to each other a few times, its a forum isnt it where we put what we know on, to help others... We dont need people like red charge, its just another post ruined....

I was starting a convo thats all red charge, you thick man!

Cant understand why anyone would just appear on a post, and say something like that out of the blue, never once was there a nasty word!

I apoligize Earth, if you didnt want to know, but i wasnt to know you didnt want to hear anything else....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah I night fish for them with tail sections..If your first one has a small mouth they usually prefer worms the larger mouthed ones prefer dead bait .Very distinct difference in the mouths found the bigger ones are the larger mouthed ones

totally agree.ive spent around 20years fishing for eels.we get many perch around here at the 4lb mark but big pike(30lb plus)are rare. :thumbdown:

30lb pike are rare anywhere Earth..... As for the eels, yea sure they like deads but try a good sized livey, just below the surface, you may find you'll catch the biggest Eel in the water! A warm muggy night with no moon and a good sized live roach (bottom lip hooked, so it lives longer) flapping about on or near the surface will do you proud. It also eliminates the smaller eels...

Dontv use a float rig, use a suspended rig, or even a good strong pop up rig. The same as what you'd use for cats on a surface livebait, but trimmed down..

no offence mate,but ive been fishing them long enough and know the score but totally different to your tactics :thumbs:

:clapper::clapper::clapper: In other words go and tell someone who gives a f**k bell end :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Redcharge f**k you you dickhead, i was giving only trying to help and have a chat about fishing mate... Earth, i thought you were a sound guy, we have commented to each other a few times, its a forum isnt it where we put what we know on, to help others... We dont need people like red charge, its just another post ruined....

Cant understand why anyone would just appear on a post, and say something like that out of the blue, never once was there a nasty word!

I apoligize Earth, if you didnt want to know, but i wasnt to know you didnt want to hear anything else....

shouldnt worry pal..im all for listening,its a way of learning different things but with regards to eel fishing,there isnt alot ive not tried to get that big fish.to be honest,our waters are stuffed full of perch and pike,a small live bait only attracts their attention,ive tried it mate :thumbs:

shouldnt worry pal..im all for listening,its a way of learning different things but with regards to eel fishing,there isnt alot ive not tried to get that big fish.to be honest,our waters are stuffed full of perch and pike,a small live bait only attracts their attention,ive tried it mate :thumbs:

I Actually said, a good sized livey but i didnt realize the waters were stuffed with other predators.c Altho the scottish lochs also have lots of other predators in them, but you will know yourself, that if a rig for a certain fish is presented correctly it usually catchs the fish you want, lol . I dont know why, it just does..

Anyway glad you werent in the same boat as redcharge mate, lol.

I did quite a few write ups for the eel society in years gone by, i used to really enjoy fishing for them, and still have a few sessions a year on a private estate loch, maybe we could get together some time and have a sess..its not often you meet another eel angler.

I once caught an eel while trolling! did my fecking in, lol.

I Actually said, a good sized livey but i didnt realize the waters were stuffed with other predators.c Altho the scottish lochs also have lots of other predators in them, but you will know yourself, that if a rig for a certain fish is presented correctly it usually catchs the fish you want, lol . I dont know why, it just does..

Anyway glad you werent in the same boat as redcharge mate, lol.

I did quite a few write ups for the eel society in years gone by, i used to really enjoy fishing for them, and still have a few sessions a year on a private estate loch, maybe we could get together some time and have a sess..its not often you meet another eel angler.

I once caught an eel while trolling! did my fecking in, lol.

im having my honeymoon in scotland,july 13th we are coming up,will have my rods in the car,wanted to take the terriers but the other 1/2 wasnt keen :thumbdown: ..

A chap i know has caught eels while plugging for pike,strange.

as i said,i love fishing for them,as does my father.not long to go until our rivers are open :clapper: