Another double

Well i decided to have another walk out on thursday evening as my luck seemed to be in.I decided to start of at the piece of land that i seen a fox on tuesday night but couldnt get a shot.I got to the wood at about 7ish and decided to have a slow walk through the wood and try and get a buck but i knew it would be hard as its a thick wood and its greening up quickly now.I was about 5 minutes in to the stalk when i spotted a deer to my right about 20 yds away i thought it would be the doe that ive seen there a few times now,i got up on the sticks and waited for it to come out from behind a holly bush , but it didnt appear so i moved along about 30 yrds and got ready again. A deer emerged and jumped the stream and trotted up the hill. I looked through the scope and confirmed it was a buck. It stopped at 70 yrds broad side and I shot it on the spot. It rolled down the hill and ended up in the stream it had just jumped. I gralloched the deer and was going to call it a night but I decided to have a look on the field to see if the fox was out. I crept along the side of some hollies until I got to a gap and I looked onto the field and there was a dog fox standing looking in my direction at 100 yrds. The crop was up to his chest so I waited until he turned his head side on and I shot him in the neck off my sticks. I went down to pick the fox and he turned out to be a real old dog fox in very poor condition and hardly no body weight. Upon inspection of his teeth he had a fang broken and no front top or bottom teeth and also he had side teeth missing and his gums were all bleeding, a mercy killing considering his condition. I decided now to call it a night and as I drove past another bit of permission I spotted a deer outside the farmhouse. I got out the car to have a look through my bins to confirm it was another buck and as I watched it, something spooked it and it jumped the fence into the wood. It will be there for another day. The buck was in good condition and had plenty fat around his kidneys and down his back. He weighed 49lb clean. A cracking night out :clapper:

DSCF0925.jpg

DSCF0924.jpg

DSCF0932.jpg

DSCF0927.jpg

DSCF0929.jpg