I have been looking for a small strain of jrt's for years now,are there any about that work?I'm after a small 12inch,12pound strain with decent legs(straight and not short),easilly spannable and a smooth coat,I want a bitch pup that I can mate with my 7yr old plummer dog,I have had no luck sourcing a small plummer bitch as they are all too big,anyone who can help either post or pm me,atb,wirralman

are there no small working russells out there?

Aye...mine.

But your no getting near it with a plummer whistling.gif

FTB

LOL,its a pup I'm after really(bitch),its just this little fella is gold and the likes of him are hard come by,I want a small bitch to bring on with the future in mind,I'll kick myself if I don't breed off him before its to late,you'll know yourself the benefits of keeping them small,you've probably only seen sh*te large plummer's that can only dream of getting to ground,they don't impress me also,good terrier's are hard come by and this fella's 7yr old now,worked everyday in some capacity and is beginning to look tired after a hard day's graft,any old dog would'nt do,its got to be the right one,atb,wirralman

if he's a proven worker, you'll probably have more joy with him at stud to a decent working bitch and take a pup as payment.

i cant see anyone selling you a pup specifically to breed to a male of a breed which is highly criticised.

alrite mate heres my bitch 7 year old, 11 tts from a long line of working russels then crossed out to a real good working manchester terrier x russel dog then a bitch out of that litter was line bred back in to the old strain of russel producing a top class litter game as game,great nose,smash any cover no matter how thick,how high is your plummer and whats he been worked on atb.

post-41025-127429298816_thumb.jpg

if he's a proven worker, you'll probably have more joy with him at stud to a decent working bitch and take a pup as payment.

i cant see anyone selling you a pup specifically to breed to a male of a breed which is highly criticised.

stick,I wouldn't stud him to all and sundry,his blood will only stay with my friends and family,I've bred him twice and he has only thrown dogs,and all the pups are from bigger bitches,I want something small to keep and work myself,atb,wirralman

I'd like to thank all the people that have taken the time to pm me,I have had some more than generous offers,I think I will be sorted soon(fingers crossed),I lost a lads number 6yrs ago that I was buying a bitch pup off(small plummer) and it looks like the same guy's number I'm getting,thanks again,yis,wirralman

BEEN OUT WITH PLUMMER AS GOOD ALROUND WORKER AS YOU CAN GET SMALL ENOUGH TO STICK IN YOUR POCKET AND WILL TACKLE ANYTHING BOOK ME ONE

I'd wait until you see what he breeds the dog with yet mate.

Best of luck getting what you want though Wirral Countryman good.gif .

attack fell terrier,you misunderstood night owls message,he comes out regular with me and is desparate for a pup off my dog,he knows I don't breed off just anything,the bitch will have to be right and no pups will be sold off anything I have,atb,wirralman

any pics of this plummer mate?i no what you meen good small strains of plummer are few and far between hope you find what your looking for atb

trish,I doubt you'll ever see a picture of me or my dogs on here or anywhere else,nothing to be gained from it,and yes I think I have found what I was looking for,atb,wirralman