Wish i would of took the gun......

Alright fellas?

Just thought I would share my joy this weekend!! On Thursday night I thought I would take the dog for a walk, (6 month old springer) I was thinking about taking the rifle but as it was only early I dint bother.

Just as I got to the Fields I let Ole` off the lead, within 2 minutes a young kit hopped out of the brambles about 10ft in front of the dog, now bear in mind this dog has never seen a rabbit before and is usually only interested in his tennis ball or food!

As soon as he saw it he was off! got within an inch of the kit and it doubled back like lightning! totally bamboozled the dog! :laugh: and he was into the brambles. oh well I thought, at least he chased it (only really want him to retrieve anyway) but ole wasnt finished!! Head first into the rough! after alot of rustling they both appear about 20 metres down the way, ole` right up its arse! (not literally of course) haha

2 seconds later he had it!! couldnt believe my eyes! when i got over the rabbit was still alive, now this could be because hes young and didnt know what to do, or because hes hardly any teeth at the moment as his adult ones are coming through!

Anyway on closer inspection the kit was suffering from mixy as one eye was completely closed up and swollen so swiflty put it out of its misery! (hate that disease)!

I cant tell you how happy I was! even though the dog had a slight advantage! ;)

However next time the dogs staying at home and its just the rifle coming out!!!

Ole` 1 me and rifle 0!!! :doh:

hi tepper

its always good to see the dog catch his first game

hope he does well for you pal

happy hunting

farmer

cheers mate! i cant stop lookin at the pics on me phone! haha first of many i hope!

Congrats Tepper and well done pup :clapper: .

That’s how my TERRORIST terrier started buddy at around 6 to 8 months after being bread to full hard working parents.

He has never looked back since.

He is now 4 and a 1/2 and has made hundreds of kills now buddy :thumbs: .

Sometimes not what he is supposed to kill, hence the nick name "TERRORIST" that Reggaeman on here gave him when he was naughty on one particular air rifle hunting outing “SHUSH†:wallbash: .

That’s terriers though I suppose.

Best of luck with the pup mate.

Si

post-2627-127391869653_thumb.jpg

Congrats Tepper and well done pup :clapper: .

That’s how my TERRORIST terrier started buddy at around 6 to 8 months after being bread to full hard working parents.

He has never looked back since.

He is now 4 and a 1/2 and has made hundreds of kills now buddy :thumbs: .

Sometimes not what he is supposed to kill, hence the nick name "TERRORIST" that Reggaeman on here gave him when he was naughty on one particular air rifle hunting outing “SHUSH†:wallbash: .

That’s terriers though I suppose.

Best of luck with the pup mate.

Si

cheers mate,

haha terrorist!! love it! he looks like a rum en! after that first rabbit its like some ones flicked a switch and turned him into a machine! nose constantly to the ground and cant get him out the brambles! lovin it!! hes my first working dog as well so properly got the bug now! onto my first permission tomorrow with the rifle as well!! only been into country sports properly for 3 month and LOVING it!!! :toast: