hello lads i need a little bit of help we have recently ran in to a couple of bulglers in our back garden (sorted them out) but now my mum who found them doesnt feel safe no more as she has ms and is in a wheel chair so we are looking on a gaurd dog but it needs these qualities

intelegent

loyal

easy to handle

a deterant but will attack if u say so

child friendly

and obdient

those are the main things if anyone has any ideas i am very happy to hear which dog it is an what it is good at thanks

anthonytomo

hello lads i need a little bit of help we have recently ran in to a couple of bulglers in our back garden (sorted them out) but now my mum who found them doesnt feel safe no more as she has ms and is in a wheel chair so we are looking on a gaurd dog but it needs these qualities

intelegent

loyal

easy to handle

a deterant but will attack if u say so

child friendly

and obdient

those are the main things if anyone has any ideas i am very happy to hear which dog it is an what it is good at thanks

anthonytomo

Some kind of Mastiff :thumbs:

thats what i was thinkin but to powerfull i think it has to be a real loyal dog and easy to handle you see i dont see a mastif as easy to handlereal but thanks for the hel

Most guard dogs are going to be powerful mate, what about a doberman?

i understand that an yes thats what were looking at dobeman ,german shepard,belgium sheperd ,rodesion ridge back we are more swayed towards the shepards tho tbh for the rodesion is hard to train and dobeman we dont think is very trusting if you get me

i understand that an yes thats what were looking at dobeman ,german shepard,belgium sheperd ,rodesion ridge back we are more swayed towards the shepards tho tbh for the rodesion is hard to train and dobeman we dont think is very trusting if you get me

My neighbour used to have dobermans as guard dogs for years, his last 1 couldn't be let out cause it would take yer leg aff. Not being an expert in them but they pretty inteligent, maybe somebody on here who has them could fill ye in better?

I like the GS myself, i'd go for a black 1.............they have that "go on, make my day look" about them. :thumbs:

Used to have a doberman as a family pet when I was a lad. Most loyal dog Ive ever seen. As a five year old I used to try the old jump on his back for a ride, he never batted an eye lid, but if someone he didnt know went near my little sistes pram he would let them know they werent going any closer!

try a jrt mate they aint big and scarey but f*****g not very nice hanging off your leg they got an heart of a lion an there aint much out there they are frightened of hope this helps atb porkythumbs.gif

funny as feck, lol. jrt is a big ballsy dog trapped in a little dogs body :clapper::clapper::clapper:

try a jrt mate they aint big and scarey but f*****g not very nice hanging off your leg they got an heart of a lion an there aint much out there they are frightened of hope this helps atb porkythumbs.gif

Your not wrong there mate, mine would work someone over if they came in ours :boxing: