injury

Guest The Hunter

Guest The Hunter

My dog recently hurt his neck he is a bull x and is 14 mounths old. The vet said it looks like a disc may for slipped abit and it should be fine in a couple of weeks. Now it has been two weeks and he seems be be his usual happy self. What i want advice on is how long would people wait to get him back out again. Any advice would be really appriciated.

Regards Ben

p.s even though he has had his injury he still looks in tip top shape very well muscled and a really nice shinny coat i will put some pictures up tomorrow thanks

My dog recently hurt his neck he is a bull x and is 14 mounths old. The vet said it looks like a disc may for slipped abit and it should be fine in a couple of weeks. Now it has been two weeks and he seems be be his usual happy self. What i want advice on is how long would people wait to get him back out again. Any advice would be really appriciated.

Regards Ben

p.s even though he has had his injury he still looks in tip top shape very well muscled and a really nice shinny coat i will put some pictures up tomorrow thanks

Go and get a second apinion if it is the disc it wont show up on a xray :blink:

Slipped disc = a long time of work.. give him a bit longer mate because if the vet is right you will end up fecking the dog up for a long time if you run him.. just walk him and only let him off the lead where he will have no chance of a run on game..

I would say at least another 3wk's from personal experiences before you run him.. but only you will be able to tell from the way your dog is behaving..

Millet

Well said mate :clapper:

nobody really knows the extent of the injury but you if you feel the dog is fine then take him out give him some light running,and increase it for a few days nothing serious just some road work or jogging then go for a few sprints get a mate to hold him and call him across a field so he has a bit of a gallop,if hes ok do it for a few days then take him out give him one or two rabbits,once again use common sense and increase accordingly!!! good luck with him mate theres nothin worse than havin a laid up dog and wondering when you can take him out again.......... ;)

Guest The Hunter

Hear are the pictures which I said I would put up.

]Thanks for all the replys lads they have been great. To me he seems to be getting better

he has got most of the movement back in his neck and seem to be in no pain at all and alot happier and playfull like his usual self. I think it is just going to be a case of taking it easy for the next cuple of mounths

and slowly build up his exercise. Then hopefully i will have him out by the new year. Thanks for all the replys.

Regards Ben.

Guest The Hunter
Personally, i would take the dog to a good greyhound bone man......they are true miracle makers... :rocker:

Personally, i would take the dog to a good greyhound bone man......they are true miracle makers... :rocker:

i'd have agree with that ;)

A disc is not a bone it is a cartlige I think. Thats what the vet said anyway. Where would you find one of these men and what type of things do they do. would they be give me a better description of what is wrong with him.

thanks for the reply lads.

regards ben.

Guest The Hunter

i'd have agree with that ;)

A disc is not a bone it is a cartlige I think. Thats what the vet said anyway. Where would you find one of these men and what type of things do they do. would they be give me a better description of what is wrong with him.

thanks for the reply lads.

regards ben.

hello mate I have looked at my messages and i have not got any new messages please could you pm me again thank

regards ben

i sent you a pm mate recomending 3 bone men depending where you live ie drake, woodacre and s duncan, they can put back in discs.

maxdcore sorry that last message came out wrong. Please could you pm me again because i never got that pm thanks