OMG thats some cracking roebucks.

Unfortunately the roebuck season doesn't start in denmark before the 16 of may, but me and a couple of friends are going to poland where it starts at the 11 of may and i hope i can make a little bit of film like that too.

Well done and thanks for sharing with us.

+ from me for a super video like that.

Nice video jon and a few nice bucks on the ground do you think any will make medal grade .Don't know if this will be added struggling with my file size any way this lad is on my ground and is now 4 years and will be left a further 2 before he is up for a selected cull already at 10 inch ish post-34278-127265559588_thumb.jpg

Edited by wireviz

I cover about 12,000 acres of various farm/estate land.

Think 2 will go bronze.

The uploaded quality of the film is crap my origional is 10x better and they can be assesed better.

My land is varied and some areas quite small though great quality so if those bucks are unluckily in one of those areas they will be shot no matter what their potential as the risk of poaching is so high. :censored:

[some times Deer management can be frustrating and letting your bucks get to full potential is fraught with danger roads poachers fences etc. Or they might cross the boundary and get shot by an nab-our . But the way i look at it John is if only one of them big bucks makes it through to it full potential then you have a better gene pool instant and will no doubt reap the rewards. This is what is done in fife and Aberdeen shire and in Ayrshire all produce good heads .

Edited by wireviz

Well when you look at those heads something is going right.

Also the gene pool cant be kept pure like breeding dogs,

ageing, breeding potential and parentage of the does is nearly imposible and a great buck will mate every doe regardless of her status ending up with all sorts.

To much is read into it i'm sure.

every area is different.

we are on chalk here and get 6 point yearlings.

food and shelter is offered all year been a large game shooting area.

also the lack of stock means we very rarely even see a tick.

our local population is on the brink of an explosion so we cull most of what we see.

all the deer have a good chance to breed and also to be poached.

hopefully the police blitz on poaching may alter my stand and may let me allow some bucks the benifit of the doubt.

Something is going right and the deer that are left are doing not a bad job on there own .But if you want you animals at there best you need to work at it. Indiscrimnate shooting because some one with a lurcher might come by and take one or some one might take one out with a crossbow is no reason to be small minded. Deer welfare and managmnet should be at the top of every sportmans list. Just think of the deer you could get if you looked beyond the poachers. Remeber only the deer left can breed and the deer that are left is up to you on the ground. I dont need to tell you the sience of the roe deer.

I agree in kind W.V. but we have a large poaching issue here.

As said many time before what works for some isnt always the best for others.

Alot of farmers want to see the deer totally removed and if I dont go some way towards reducing numbers when I see them he will get someone in who will.( as already said somewhere else on here that we get 6 point yearlings that may weigh 30lb) they would make great bucks in 4 years but we have to shoot something.

Much of my land is by kind permission, do as they want or go. And on perhaps 80-100 acres I cannot manage these deer.

Other than shoot out of season we kill roe and we do leave some better speciemens but its a balance and I make my living shooting deer. And a good trophy this year, yes may be better next but he may also be in a dogs mouth.

Yes i know you will say its not the best for the deers interests, but been shot rather then be dogged I would.

On 1 estate I look after 4,500 acres we do manage these deer leaving most mature bucks to a territory the small ground we shoot what we see. :big_boss: