jill or hob

hi all :thumbs: , what do most people ferret with jill or hob. Also I dont intend in breeding as I dont have enough experience yet in terms of what to do when the kits are born, what to do with all of them and Im only 16 so I wondred how much is it to get a jill sprayed or a hob to be snipped.

Regards hob or jill to work most work jills us included but we have had some very good hobs over the years too

some ferreters prefere working hobs better it is personal choice both sexes are as good as each other and both have there faults

why not try a combination of both if you dont want to breed get a good hob and get him vasectomised NOT castrated this varies in price from £40 to £70 depending on your vets and then get 1 or 2 jills

the hob will take the jills out of season when need be and you can work both sexs together and have the best of both worlds

good luck with whatever you decide to go for

each to their own mate,i only ever use jills,nice and small to slip through the nets when exiting the holes,seen a few lads use hobs but they were far to big for the job and we spent the day re-setting the nets when they had exited the warren,total pain in the arse,and the locater and spade were on overtime with the amount kills they made,although obviously you can get small hobbs that will do the job.

as for spaying, ill leave that to someone else,very conflicting prices from vets whos only intention in my eyes is to keep their licence to print money,atb rob