My Rescue - Need Some Help

Hiya,

I know a few of you know my better than others, some think I crazy whilst others know I am.

As well as helping with missing dogs on Doglost & being a Co-ordinator I also run my own rescue. www.d-a-s-h.co.uk

I have taken in more dogs than I should have ( to avoid them being pts) but Im now desperately short of funding. I know everyone is skint - I also finished my job covering maternity leae three weeks ago.

Can anyone help? I currently pay £5 per dog per dog for boarding - that includes my feeds and the dogs been walked. I can go anywhere else- these kennels are the best and the cheapest.

If anyone can help me with a couple of £ to pay for the dogs- or if you are looking for a dog give me a shout. I ve two rottweilers to post as well - not guard dogs. Got a bitch who is so soppy its unreal & a male the size of a donkey who love others dogs- very friendly but a big strong lad.

I save mainly staffies- as idiots just dump them and leave them to die - but we do have greyhounds, terriers, lurchers, saluki x in as well

These arent posted on my website but we have them .

See www.d-a-s-h.co.uk for info

THANKYOU

Tracey have you set up a paypal account?

This may help people who could spare a fiver to send you a gift if they have it

There have been a couple of times on here that people have done this, either genuinely or not so people can take their chances.

And i know some have been grateful for the work done with lost and stolen dogs.

Get the paypal and i'll start the ball rolling with a tenner, after all thats not even four pints now days:drink:

Whilst I admire your efforts to re-home dogs.Do you think you would shift a few more of them if the price was dropped from £150 ? The problem could be the endless trail of dogs in the local rags "free to good home" and others at under £50 (because wee johny has got a chest infection ?)(yeh right !).

The bottom line is that you are going to have to harden your heart a bit and only take in what you can handle .

Good luck and hope things get better for you .

Guest little lurcher

fair play to you for doing it!!! well done , paypal excellent , keep records of EVERYTHING as someone will jump on you for the smallest thing , is there anyone who would man a small stall for you anywhere reg and get donations of food etc , ask the local college students to help exercise for the kennels too

this lady also gives up free time to support the dog lost cause so please give her a break

Firstly- why not home through 'proper rescue' - I am a proper rescue - I dont cherry pick all the cute dogs that can be homed at the drop of a hat like some 'proper rescues' I dont claim to neuter/vax & the rest of it then dont but still charge for it.

Without being arsey if idiots stopped breeding staffies & other dogs, owners stopped dumping their dogs the rescue wouldnt be needed.

You tell me why a 10 mth old puppy should be pts (Ellie)?? or a 3 mth old staffy -pts. Gus is about the only 'ugly' dog I have at the minute -his personality is fantastic. Sirius is a HUGE rottie, dog friendly, healthy fit young dog. Why should he die?

I set up my rescue to save 15 dogs that were taken on by another stupid women who then walked & left them. I have homed all of them and others besides.

I have always funded this myself & will do again but as I have helped different people on THL I thought it wouldnt hurt to ask if anyone wanted to help me out. Im not going to stop helping if people dont. I save the lurchers, terriers, xbreeds as well that dont get claimed by working dog men - so I dont discrimate either- unlike some of these 'proper' rescues that wont home to working homes.

I'm a Doglost Co-Ordinator as well, so whichever way you look at it Im doing something useful.

I havent taken in any more for a few weeks & homed two this weeked. I will home them all to homecheck homes.. But if I get another puppy in danger of pts- I will take it in. I dread to think how many have been pts but I cannot help. Im the one who knows how many get put to sleep every week in the 3 pounds I know- they all tell you they dont but THEY DO. Im the one that has seen the dogs & know if either I or another rescue dont taken them on they will die- simple as.

As for the price £150 for a neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, frontlined, wormed dog/bitch with 4 weeks free insurance and rehoming pack, lifetime back up ( I take the dog back if circumstance change) you cannot get that from FTGH & those adds are the bain of my life. WHO gives away a dog unless its destructive, aggressive or got problems free.

That doesnt mean a lot to some people on THL - I know that- fair enough but I know when I home a dog Ive done my best to home it in the best of health, with back up for life. Not just dump it on someone & walk away.

It isnt the easiest thing I could choose to do & but just for instance look at this http://www.lostdogsyorkshire.com/apps/photos/album.jsp?albumID=693608

Can you honestly say that these dogs should be pts?? Thankfully a few are already in rescue - not mine although I did help transfer two to Devon. This is what I face every week!

The owners that dont come forward for there dogs, the microchipped dogs that 'dont belong' to the contact on the details