ferret jills in season

I've had jills for years mate and never breed or mated them or injected to come out of season,they themselves come out of season. "I've never have a problem mate".

I've heard this from other people...do you think its just a myth that they need to be brought out of season then?

My snipped hob died and one of my jills came in and it was nearly october so i left her thinking the darker nights would bring her out wrong she was in season for ages and while the rest looked like fluffy polar bear's she looked rough as feck it can be done but i wouldn't do it again

I've had jills for years mate and never breed or mated them or injected to come out of season,they themselves come out of season. "I've never have a problem mate".

I've heard this from other people...do you think its just a myth that they need to be brought out of season then?

I've kept ferrets for a long time and in all that time i've worked the same way. When the jills come into season if I'm breeding from one or some of them I do, the others don't get bred from and they don't get the jab or go to a jaffa hob. They remain in season untill they come out naturally which is usually August, I've yet to lose one or even have one in poor condition. Maybe i've been lucky over the years.hmm.gif

as use have said not point breeding unwanted kits plus glodfinger is it worth taking the risk on that i wouldnt bet on it i am takin the ferrets to the vets on thursday to get the jab saves any troubles and any further wories thanks forall the advice guys wouldnt have new what to do otherwise.

atb

anthonytomo

its not the staying in season which kills them its the diese they can catch if they stay in season which kills them

atb

anthonytomo

Some of the things you read on here you just couldn't make up.icon_redface.gif

Edited by tote

It is not a wise move to let your jill stay in season, Think about it (can every person who has wrote a book be wrong aswell as all the vets and the biggest majority of ferret owners) No they are not wrong the truth is if you leave your jill in season she will start by prancing up and down her cage day and night while she is desperate to find a male, then she will; start to loose hair around her rear end and also loose alot of body condition, and is running a great risk of getting aplastic anemia (bone marrow disease) if left in this state, yes i have known people who have left there jill for a season but most have now been converted to dealing with there jills and will now say they will never leave her in season again, saying they dont think this is fair on her, some will survive and other's will not but i would say the ones that do get taken care off will prob live a more content and longer life than the ones left in season....... Best to get them dealt with and pay no attention to the statements of folk that clearly dont care about the welfare of their jills.