Guest ALEC01

put a garlic tablet in thi dogs snap [bANNED TEXT] this works, flees an tics are little vampires and like the bigger ones they dont like blood that tastes like garlic. because it has a thining affect on the blood the little suckers cant work it through there systems. ya can get loads for a few quid. :good:

make your dog a LIVOMEC injection every 3 months he will be protected from every tipe of parasite(tics,worms,ecc),skin illness,earthworm.here in Italy you can buy a bottle for about 50 euros and if you've 5 or 6 dogs it will last years.It's also used for sheeps,pigs and horses.

make your dog a LIVOMEC injection every 3 months he will be protected from every tipe of parasite(tics,worms,ecc),skin illness,earthworm.here in Italy you can buy a bottle for about 50 euros and if you've 5 or 6 dogs it will last years.It's also used for sheeps,pigs and horses.

but its no good for collies, i sell alot to horse owners and lads with terriers but its risky if you aint sure of the dogs breed.

there is some stuff called permectum II which you can dilute and bath the dog in and whats left over you can place in a container to spray kennels and dogs later on, it kills all ticks and lice and mange mites

Guest pikey

celt, there is another solution its called "advantage 100" its a small tube 1ml, you part the coat between the shoulders blades until the skin is visible, empty contents onto skin last for 4 weeks, not to sure of the price as i get mine off a mate when he goes shop lifting :D

but its no good for collies, i sell alot to horse owners and lads with terriers but its risky if you aint sure of the dogs breed.

there is some stuff called permectum II which you can dilute and bath the dog in and whats left over you can place in a container to spray kennels and dogs later on, it kills all ticks and lice and mange mites

Why it's not good for collies?I've used it for years on my xbreed boardogs without problems

its a well known fact that it effects collie breeds which could lead to death, its the first thing asked by the vets over here if they give ivomec or dextomax. i'll find a link detailing it

There are three treatments for demodectic mange that work for most dogs.

The first is the use of amitraz pour on (Mitaban Rx) every other week

for 6 to 8 applications or until 2 consecutive skin scrapings are negative,

which probably cures demodectic mange in about 80% of dogs when

application directions are followed, although this is just a guess based on

averaging results from available studies. This is the only approved treatment for

demodecosis. The second treatment is ivermectin given by injection or

orally at the rate of 250ug/kg or higher (up to 600ug/kg in resistant

cases) daily until two skin scrapings are negative, which probably also

works about 80% of the time. This treatment has to be used very

carefully in collies and shelties, who are more likely to suffer toxic reactions

to ivermectin. The third treatment that is sometimes used is oral

milbemycin (Interceptor Rx) given daily for six to eight weeks and my best guess is

that it is about as effective as the other therapies. It is probably

wise to be cautious about using this therapy in collies and shelties, too --

although we have done this on a couple of occasions without problems, so

THERE YOU GO