as redye said it all depends on how accurate you are and how accurate your gun is. place a target 1" in diameter at 15m. take 10 shots at the target. 90% of all your shots in the target? good move onto 20m and do the same thing. keep moving targets up until you can no longer get 90% of your pellets in the target. for some people, this might be 30m for others this might be 50m. sorry i forgot to mention, if you zero your gun at 2om (its hitting on the crosshairs at 20m) you will need to aim higher at further distances. this is called holdover. over time you will learn how much holdover you need to give for each range.

My answer is the same for your question on the rabbits pal.

A .22 or .177 calibre 12FP rifle will humanly kill out to around 55 metres with a experienced shot, a bit further in good conditions has as been proven by regulars on here.

This doesnt mean that you need to do this though the skill is in the shooter and depends on many other factors,

Rifle, pellet barrel match, weather conditions, angle of the target, type of scope reticle, and many more etc.

If i was you buddy i would just stick to 10 - 15 metres for now, believe me there is enough out there that sits or stands at 10 - 15 metres.

Around 40 - 50% of all the shots ive made in the last year is at around them ranges, and that equates to a few head of quarry.

Si

Edited by zini

hi ya buddy

i agree with si on this matey check out some of si (zini's) vids on here it will give u an insight of how to hold the gun and use the scope to your advantage buddy we aint never to old or youngto learn new tricks buddy

shay