lamping with a terrier or two

hi all,

I like the idea of lamping with dogs as I have already done it with a gun and enjoyed myself. do you thing a terrier could cope with it. Im not looking to bag loads doing it more for fun. My lakelands about 16 inches may be a tad more if this helps. thanks.

Edited by fieldsportsman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

get some ratting permission and lamp them.

mine catch the occasional rabbit at night whilst out ratting but its rare.you might get the odd one that sits tight and the odd mixy one.if you want to go hunting with your terriers at night and therefore increase the amount of time available to hunt them then rats are the way to go mate. :thumbs:

get some ratting permission and lamp them.

mine catch the occasional rabbit at night whilst out ratting but its rare.you might get the odd one that sits tight and the odd mixy one.if you want to go hunting with your terriers at night and therefore increase the amount of time available to hunt them then rats are the way to go mate. :thumbs:thanks, would bushing rabbits at night be an option or looking around farm buildings eg apple crates or abbanoded barns as I often see rabbits going under.

may be, but I find bushing/lamping rabbits more of a susspense.

:icon_eek:

thanks, would bushing rabbits at night be an option or looking around farm buildings eg apple crates or abbanoded barns as I often see rabbits going under. because in one of the country mans weekly it said that a pair of patterdales were fast enough to run a lamp.

Edited by fieldsportsman

hi all,

I like the idea of lamping with dogs as I have already done it with a gun and enjoyed myself. do you thing a terrier could cope with it. Im not looking to bag loads doing it more for fun. My lakelands about 16 inches may be a tad more if this helps. thanks.

if your terrier speaks when chasing rabbits expect a short night.

hi all,

sorry, what do you mean a short night

may be, but I find bushing/lamping rabbits more of a susspense.

:icon_eek:

thanks, would bushing rabbits at night be an option or looking around farm buildings eg apple crates or abbanoded barns as I often see rabbits going under. because in one of the country mans weekly it said that a pair of patterdales were fast enough to run a lamp.

i'd say that CMW article is one mans opinion not a fact

hi all,

sorry, what do you mean a short night

meaning every rabbit for a mile around will know you are there(if he yaps at night when chasing rabbit)