last sunday

Ferreting028.jpg

The hedge we were working

Ferreting011.jpg

few holes netted

Ferreting020.jpg

moving down the hedge abit, got a mark about 1ft :D no pics of the dig im afraid, no time :icon_eek:

Ferreting017.jpg

3 bunnys arsed up, not bad for a 30 second dig :)

after i dispatched these the ferret moved on to find one more in the smallish set :thumbs-up:

now and hour passed before i rememberd to take a few pics lol, by this time we had about 12 bunnys

Ferreting029.jpg

nice set to net

Ferreting030.jpg

this ginger one bolted for the set above :clapper:

Ferreting023.jpg

last set we worked, and the longest lol, got a mark about 3 ft in the middle of the hedge lol after about 30minutes digging ( bloody roots and stones eh lol) crashed in, to find the rabbit a little worse for wear, ferret had killed it, but had stayed with it B)

Ferreting032.jpg

What a day :thumbs-up: theres nothing better than a few hours out with the ferrets to get rid of a hangover :)

:)

Edited by devvo

Looks like a great day mate, plenty of good pictures! I always forget to take the camera with me and on occasions I've taken it I get too caught up in ferreting to take pics! :laugh:

Most of my permission seems to be hedgerows like that, some much more tricky hedges too! Its a b**ch when they kill in the middle of all the roots aint it!

Cheers

thanks for the replies lads :thumbs-up: thats one of the easy hedges we have permission on a 5000 acre estate :o lol 90% of the other hedges wont get cut this year :( so we are sticking to the easy ones till we get a few frost to kill off the under growth.

I missed this pic :D:clapper:

Ferreting019.jpg

the hob on the left is our main man :) father to the hob on the right, the mother and father are the ferrets that caught all the rabbits on sunday :thumbs-up:

p.s thats not his blood on his face ;)

Edited by devvo