jab/implant

phoned my vets up last week to get a price for the jill jab,they said they didnt have it in stock but would ring me back with a price. when they did it was £49 but they said it was an implant.is this the same thing because it seems a bit steep!cheers :thumbs:

No i dont think this is the same thing mate, i believe the implants last around 18 months, the jab just takes them out of season and they can come into season again in the same summer. someone with more knowledge will be along! hope this helps :thumbs:

Jill Jab - Costs between £8 and £20 depending if vet charges consultation fee and how many ferrets being jabbed at the time as the viel can be split, jill might come back into season again depending when in season she got the jab, she will prob have a phantom preg pulling cage mates back to the nest box that might last a few weeks.

Implant - ment to last approx 18 mths at a cost of between £40 and £50 (could neuter for this ) jill will not have phantom preg, and it can also be used on entire hobs letting them stay with the jills and other entire hobs, and cuts down the musky oils smell that gets worse when they are in season. letting you have the option of keeping your hobs entire if you wish to breed from them later on.

hope this helps mate.