Quick set basket - which one?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeview, stick a pic up of how the poles are held in place, i've had a look on the website but cant see the basket in any detail on there.

I purchased a basket from molecatcher on here who has them knocked up by his mate,

longnetbasket.jpg

is there any reason why this system's way of holding the poles in has any advantages over the way Magwitches has been made,cant think of any, just wondering.

SINDASOX

Sorry i was called away as i was posting, Magwitches way is better than the straight up pin, as it prevents the net from getting snagged or caught on the pin, also the design is stronger.

I built something similar a few years ago, but it is designed to hold the poles one on top of each other with no slack, the net grommets then stop the poles from sliding out if you have to lean over when trying to get the poles into hard ground.

I also designed my baskets to hold upto 200 yards of net, but most would struggle to carry that lot. So if i built another, i would probably design it to take 2 x 50 yarders.

John, i did ask if there are any advantages of using the straight pin (molecatchers design) over Magwitches.

SINDASOX

When I first saw the early net baskets as pictured my first thoughts were "wheres that spike going if you stumble/fall over?"

My nets are loaded in the truck ready for tomorrow and will put some pictures up when I get back to compare :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

Nowt wrong with Alan's (Masterhunters) baskets at all.

Just put a small loop of the bungy cord he supplies around the poles when carrying them. You can run backwards pretty fast with his basket and the poles fly out with ease, rather than those square pole holding baskets that you have to stop and pick out.

Plus Alan's is a lot lighter allround, and his DPM bag is better than a net and doesn't catch on anything.

Horese for courses really. Iv'e found Alan to be a really helpfull guy and offers a great service and does actually deliver when he says he will aswell.

Unfair to knock a product just because you don't like it.

You'll get used to ft making claims and not answering them :clapper: hes not right good on answers infact my signature says it all really :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

I thought you were refering to yourself there George.

Also if i don't like something then i'm going to knock it, i'm certainly not going to praise it am i?

Edited by The Ferret Tamer
  • 2 weeks later...