Quick set basket - which one?

I've been longnetting for quite a few years now and I'd always used what is now called a 'trad set' net .It took a long time before I finally succumbed and bought a quick set basket, I glad I did because it's a great bit of kit..it's a Brian Brinded version but I'd like other peoples views on this set up and the others on the market

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have a look at Masterhunters baskets,simplicity at its finest :thumbs: made by someone who earns a living using them.nothing sticking up to hold the poles in and they just come up into your hand as you walk setting them :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview

have a look at Masterhunters baskets,simplicity at its finest :thumbs: made by someone who earns a living using them.[b]nothing sticking up to hold the poles in [/b]and they just come up into your hand as you walk setting them :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview

Thats the problem i found with that basket...It did run out well for me, but I found it easy to knock the poles everywhere when setting it down over a fence etc

have a look at Masterhunters baskets,simplicity at its finest :thumbs: made by someone who earns a living using them.nothing sticking up to hold the poles in and they just come up into your hand as you walk setting them :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview

Total rubbish the bloody poles keep falling out and the workmanship is like it was done by a 1st year apprentice.

FT

Y.I.S Leeview

Total rubbish the bloody poles keep falling out and the workmanship is like it was done by a 1st year apprentice.

FT

I did find the poles fell out, and not only that but the price............. :icon_eek:

Y.I.S Leeview

FT

can you put pictures up showing how they fall out whilst in use? gravity keeps them in place due to them being held below the net basket :thumbs:

FF-when putting it down mine are tied in to stop them falling out, this being a standard part of Mastehunters system surely not something I've added

Y.I.S Leeview

Being taught to use traditional nets I was really impressed with the basket system. I too use Brins basket system and have had many discussions with him about them.......(always entertaining he is). On a lot of my contracts the quickset is simply the most effecient tool there is and it gets a lot of use during the season for sure. There is still a place for the traditional long net, and i have just cut and shaped another batch of hazel pegs ready for the coming season. I still prefer the traditional nets and hazel pegs for night work, but much prefer the quickset on the day time jobs for speed of use.

Rolfe.

Y.I.S Leeview

FT

can you put pictures up showing how they fall out whilst in use? gravity keeps them in place due to them being held below the net basket :thumbs:

FF-when putting it down mine are tied in to stop them falling out, this being a standard part of Mastehunters system surely not something I've added

Y.I.S Leeview

Thats why I dont use it, as well as being less than perfect while running out, It has to be tied as you said...I just dont see the point in paying £60 for a basket where the poles have to be tied in. The old £20 basket doesnt need tied, and runs out better in my opinion...But its just my preference.

Edited by Fat-Ferret

This is exactly the issue here why pay over the odds for an inferior product, it don't make sense.

FT

I asked if you could put a picture up of the basket you've based your views on? did you watch the dvd that comes with it? explains how to use it, mines been an essential piece of tackle for the last 6 seasons and the only problem I've had was a pole breaking due to fox caught in the net :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

Nowt wrong with Alan's (Masterhunters) baskets at all.

Just put a small loop of the bungy cord he supplies around the poles when carrying them. You can run backwards pretty fast with his basket and the poles fly out with ease, rather than those square pole holding baskets that you have to stop and pick out.

Plus Alan's is a lot lighter allround, and his DPM bag is better than a net and doesn't catch on anything.

Horese for courses really. Iv'e found Alan to be a really helpfull guy and offers a great service and does actually deliver when he says he will aswell.

Unfair to knock a product just because you don't like it.

Nowt wrong with Alan's (Masterhunters) baskets at all.

Just put a small loop of the bungy cord he supplies around the poles when carrying them. You can run backwards pretty fast with his basket and the poles fly out with ease, rather than those square pole holding baskets that you have to stop and pick out.

Plus Alan's is a lot lighter allround, and his DPM bag is better than a net and doesn't catch on anything.

Horese for courses really. Iv'e found Alan to be a really helpfull guy and offers a great service and does actually deliver when he says he will aswell.

Unfair to knock a product just because you don't like it.

You'll get used to ft making claims and not answering them :clapper: hes not right good on answers infact my signature says it all really :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview