Doberman x (Bull/GreyxWhip/Coll) Pups

Hi all, went to see a litter of pups last nt bit dubious with the breading, but came away a little more than impresed. Nice well reared pups. Mother Doberman and father well tempered and and had obvious signs that they were doing a job. Mother quite racy for a dob 26"tts, he was honest enough that on rabbits she struggled a bit turning but on the red uns she was fine. I could see that she was well controled and he said that she had pleanty of guts and the father 24"tts was working everything fine. Was even offered to go out on the lamp but due to helping lambing i didnt have the time.

Just want to find out if anybody out there had a simular cross. I am seriously debating picking one up their coming to to 6wk old now.

ATB

Rob

The lurcher of mine that died month back (pic in avatar) was mostly Saluki/Whippet but I'm sure he had a bit of Doberman in him too. Best dog I've had, loyal to the death, brave and really obedient. Still miss him terribly. I don't think he had more than a quarter doberman blood in him though but for what it's worth Dobermans have Greyhound blood in their breeding so if the mum's lean they could well make good dogs.

Sorry I can't be more help than that, hopefully someone with a first cross will have some more advice for you. If you do take the plunge I'd love to see pics of the pup as he/she gets older though :thumbs:

Thanks for the info boys, thats all ive been thinking about since ive seen them last night. What i am going to do is to have another look at them next week and see if i can go for a scout out with him, good honest lad, and considering the age of the pups he had kept the mother in A1 condition. And more than anything he didnt care much about about the money and didnt want much for them, just a gd home, which is very rare these days. If i decide to take one i will give more than he wanted as its not cheap rearing a litter. The pups were top quality.

hi rob as pm i have this cross as well but the sire was a whippetxlurcher he's only about 23/24 but a very game dog good on the lamp/ferret/rats..the dobie bitch is mine she is on the small side but game like the other bloke said very game and not to slow on the straights but not to good on the bends but she will hunt/catch/retrive..and protect the bag...

from the way the pups are at mo they are great and coming on well..in cmw soon as ready to go and not silly money i think...

hi rob as pm i have this cross as well but the sire was a whippetxlurcher he's only about 23/24 but a very game dog good on the lamp/ferret/rats..the dobie bitch is mine she is on the small side but game like the other bloke said very game and not to slow on the straights but not to good on the bends but she will hunt/catch/retrive..and protect the bag...

from the way the pups are at mo they are great and coming on well..in cmw soon as ready to go and not silly money i think...

Gd to hear! He said that he had caught a fair few reds pre ban, would you think this would be achieveable? never seen a dob run!

a mate of mine has a doberman x greyhound. its a first x. seen it work a few times. must admit very surprised with the results very good dog looks very similar to a saluki x grey the dark ones with the tan marks above the eyes but completly short coated good alround dog. can do everything you could ask of him. be interesting to see how that x will turn out

• 5 months later...