ferrets biteing each other?

OK so i have four ferrets they are in a double tier cage which i have just got for them. I went out to feed them and two of them where laid on top of each other. so i pick them both up to find that one of them was latched onto my other ferrets neck. my ferret now has what looks like a graze on its neck ( on top of the neck near his back) what should i do get rid of the ferret that is biting my other ferret ?

OK so i have four ferrets they are in a double tier cage which i have just got for them. I went out to feed them and two of them where laid on top of each other. so i pick them both up to find that one of them was latched onto my other ferrets neck. my ferret now has what looks like a graze on its neck ( on top of the neck near his back) what should i do get rid of the ferret that is biting my other ferret ?

sounds to me they are coming into season?

these four ferts, are they all hobs? or a mixture of hobs and jills

whether it was two hobs, or a hob and jill, as stated its coming into that time of year, prehaps you need to do some fast reading/learning on what ferrets do at this time of year, its all perfectly natural, and getting rid of a ferret for is, is not the answer, understanding is :doh:

If there all hobs there bumming each other and if there hob and jill and brother and sister you should remove one of them because its to close to breed them

ok lol well should i take his/her brother to my dads the other 2 arnt related

If you indeed have 4 entire males then the bollocks will be about as big as maltesers & very easily spotted ... if its a mixture of both sexes & you hear the tell tale squeeking from the nest box in roundabout 6 weeks time then you have a box full of kits

• Like 1

if they are brother and sister then breeding them together is a no no they are 2 closely related and you will only have complactions with the kits like cadaracks at an early age and other health issues :thumbdown: and if you said one was locked on to the others neck chances are youve been to late and your jills preganant :thumbdown:you should always no whos related to who in your ferret court an which are male and female so you dont have these problems :icon_redface:

i got told they were all male off of the the people i got them of of if it is a female should i remove his or her brother :S

DO YOU NOT KNOW ANYTHING? Why on earth are you asking for ferreting permission when you can not even tell a Jill from a Hob? How bloody annoying is that.

John

lift the ferret on its back if its pisser is half way up its tummy its a hob if its pisser is between its back legs its a jill like sexing pups ... or as stated there nuts should be showing now and i would have them split i always keep what im not breeding split up from now till summer as they will just make a mess of each other .

If the guys Jills are coming n to season, mine is, then he will have to do something.

1) Take your jill to the vet and get a jill jab £18

2) Let you jill mate but there is no money in ferret breeding and there are far too many kits in the world as it is.

3)Take your jills to be sterilized

4) Take your hob to be vasectomized £40

Since my vasectomized hob died, I take my jills for the jill jab, however there are many reason why this just isn't fair.

Above all, please do some research on ferret ownership, ferrets are like little people with their own personalities and needs.

John

Edited by HUnter_zero
  • 2 weeks later...