if i got aferrit

i would gut it first mate, but leave the heart, liver, kungs and kidneys in. allthough you dont really need to. i find that a the offall is fine to use as a days feed, the head is another days feed, then either half or quarter the rabbit. the best thing to do is give your ferret plenty of food ( more than it could possibly eat) and guage its daily portions of that. there not greedy animals and will only eat what they want, not for the sake of it :thumbs:

I would suggest you go to your local library and do some research mate

thumbs.gifthumbs.gif

i might be wrong,but i would say that this forum could be classed as research,who better to ask than the ones who have kept and worked ferretsthumbs.gif

i'll go with that jf

shame that it doesn't happen that often thumbs.gif

gut them and put them in full ......

bad idea if your only going to have one or two ferts, a whole rabbit in the summer will get maggots within a day, much better to gut and skin the rabbit, then chop into chunks as already mentioned by others, freeze it in bags (old carry bags do great) and then defrost daily, Id expect a whole fully grown rabbit to feed one fert for at least a week, maybe a touch more

What i do these days (because i'm a bit lazy) is gut, skin and freeze all the ferreted rabbits for human consumption and then just gut and freeze (in bin bags) all of the lamped rabbits (i've got a big chest freezer mind). When its time to feed the ferrets i just take out one of the lamped rabbits and chop off a suitable piece (usually a quarter), thaw it out and hang it in the cage. I'd rather hang a smaller piece and have to change it more regularly than end up with sick ferrets. Chopping them when frozen with an axe is quick and no mess. I hang the pieces as i find this causes less mess and contamination and the ferrets dont drag it into the warm nest box and i can monitor it and also by hanging it i give them something to play with and wrestle.

atb

Jai.