screw cutting 22 250

hi all i am looking at getting my parker hale 22 250 screw cut to accept a moderator (probably a T8 .i know the law is quite contentious on the issue of proofing but as i dont intend selling the rifle do i need it re proofed ?and if i dont where can i get it done near to me in leeds area ?any ideas welcome ...if i do have to proof it etc would it be worht selling my current gun and buying a slightly better gun maybe that is already screwcut and proofed ? thanks in advance

hi all i am looking at getting my parker hale 22 250 screw cut to accept a moderator (probably a T8 .i know the law is quite contentious on the issue of proofing but as i dont intend selling the rifle do i need it re proofed ?and if i dont where can i get it done near to me in leeds area ?any ideas welcome ...if i do have to proof it etc would it be worht selling my current gun and buying a slightly better gun maybe that is already screwcut and proofed ? thanks in advance

try cheshire gun room in stockport they're cheap and they do all the screw cuttin for edgar bros.do it in a day no need for proofin if your not sellin

you dont need to get it reproofed mate. only if you sell it on then you need to.

This debate still rages Jamie, not necessarily so any more, my last wasn't proofed and I sold it direct to a RFD.

The law is contentious and it largely comes down to what RFD will accept!

:thumbs::thumbs:

try cheshire gun room in stockport they're cheap and they do all the screw cuttin for edgar bros.do it in a day no need for proofin if your not sellin

have you had work done buy by them ? i no someone in the gun trade and he said the amount of rifles he has had to put right due to a poor job by them